Port Renfrew Reports Summer 2012

Well, fished Rennie last weekend... spent most of our time at camper and around the bell bouy. Got a nice 26 spring and lots of coho, some BIG ones too! anyway, was fun and will prolly head up there again soon!

coho was pretty slow all weekend. the further north the better it seemed (off walbran/carmanah, 5-600') Had some AWESEOME beach fishing for springs on the afternoon flood sat and sun

fishing off the SJ River bridge

It may not be illegal but I can make it dangerous! I'll be over there next weekend!

snaggers,snaggers, when will you learn ! those fish are all snagged maybe 1 of 2000 are legal. shut it down.

Although i disagree with snagging it seems ironic they were handing out tickets when the natives were going up the river with a boat full of nets.Theres no water in the river and all the springs are in the tidal area of the river.They loaded up a couple nights in a row.To be busting a guy who catches very few fish and probably doesnt have a boat when the nets are cleaning up seems like a moot point.Also i bet the guys on the bridge will make full use out of each fish they catch.

We are going up to Rennie this weekend. Anyone know if there is still any crab coming out of the bay? I'm trying to decide whether to bring the traps or not.
Thanks,
T2

What about putting in a 'highway' cam on the bridge, people might think twice when they know they are on camera esp live. Also 'nature' cams on fishing holes in river where snaggers are abundant.

Any word on fishing in the Salt? Coho derby coming up...would be good to hear some positive feedback!

I think we should put them all on camera,

Although i disagree with snagging it seems ironic they were handing out tickets when the natives were going up the river with a boat full of nets.Theres no water in the river and all the springs are in the tidal area of the river.They loaded up a couple nights in a row.To be busting a guy who catches very few fish and probably doesnt have a boat when the nets are cleaning up seems like a moot point.Also i bet the guys on the bridge will make full use out of each fish they catch.

Even though the natives are legal, they should be held accountable to the world for their eco-irresponsibility.

If local (Canadian) media won't show this kind of stuff going on, maybe foreign media will.

Back