Port Hardy Cabins?

T

tunaorlater

After a great trip up to Port Hardy last summer our group is looking to head back this summer, but with maybe a few more creature comforts! Does anybody know of any rental houses or cabins (apart from Bear Cove cottages) close by?

I'd say I rather stay at the Bear cove cottages than duval...but it could be personal preference. What creature comforts are you refering to?

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

With my new deckhand(now 9 months old)I think I need to start looking for flatter water to fish.Pounding around CapeScott in big water in a 19ft boat does'nt feel right anymore!!!

That Bear Cove cabins looks pretty good,got your own dock,freezers full kitchens.Is there something bad about this place I should know before I book some time with them?

http://www.bearcovecottages.ca/

There's nothing bad about the place that I could see, haven't stayed there just toured the units.

As you can see from the video tour it's just a tiny place really a motel room and you sleep in the kitchen more or less, they are lined up one almost against each other little privacy.

Also what they call a patio is just a walkway into the place when I was there were no tables/chairs or room to have dinner outside or even sit outside, odd to say the least.

No grounds/planter boxes of flowers/no place to walk to just a place to park that's it.

They're not on the water as you can tell and it's a hike down to the boat/across the road/back up the hill not in any way a family destination.

Before renting I'd check to see if those places are rented out monthly to locals over the winter if they were I wouldn't go near them, put a few guys living/smoking/drinking/carrying on in them and theyd'd go downhill right quick Hey it happens.

Ooops I should have clarified a little better about what I was looking for. I have nothing against Bear Cove cottages they just didn't seem to meet our groups need, it looked like it was more for couples and small families (Read-Nicer than fishing guys are looking for!) We have about three boats going up with 10 guys for about 10-12 days. We were looking for a house for rent(?) as we all wanted to stay together and have BBQ dinners together at night. Understandably we would have to bring up a few cots. We stayed at Quatse campground last go around. If we can't find a house or cabin we'll happily book the campground. Duval point lodge might be a possibility. It just seemed a little steep for what your getting (No food or beverages)For the same price you can stay at Haggard Cove and get food and drinks covered. Doing rough math with the figures on the web site I came out with a total of about $10,500.
Like I said it was a GREAT time..everyone we met was very nice, the scenery was AMAZING and we got to bend a rod every so often. We are already chomping at the bit to get up North again.

Back