Port Alberni Reports?

limno

I am heading over to Alberni early tomorrow morning. Can anyone tell me whats been happening there. Thanks in advance.

Bring your fish TOTE its "ON FIRE" from Coulsons down just look for the boats

Fished Aberni inlet today. Worked Lone Tree and some of the China Creek basin. 6:00 am-7:00 am saw LOTS of fish netted. (guessing about 50 ish that we saw.) We ended up with a 38 and a 32. Had a double header as well with one fish feeling VERY large, but crossed lines cut off the smaller and the larger fish cut the leader while sulking under the boat. The teeth abrasions were very evident.

Gear for the day for us (and alot of others) was purple haze flasher with pink mini hootchies. I Forget the color number. Though we saw some other boats have success with bait.

Hope this helps someone land their dream fish. Also, most of the fish we saw netted were quite dark, but quite a few chromers mixed in. We lucked out with 2 chromers.

We were out at first light and fished Lone Tree. Although we saw a lot of fish being caught around us we didn't even have a sniff. We had two rods out with mini pink hootchies and two rods out with anchovy one with purple haze head and one with glow in the dark head. By about nine got our first of many bites but they would hit then spit out the hootchies before we could set the hook. At around nine thirty we got our first good fish and after a few minutes a seal got hold of it and that was that. We perserved though and ended up with two eighteens and one twenty five. None were taken on bait.

Just spent a week at China Creek. The last few days have seen a real increase in catch rates. The hottest lure is the glow white hootchie. Some are having success on pink hootchies and the coyote spoon in Cop Car color. My advice - don't bother with Anchovies. Too many mackeral around. The bite lasts from about 6:00 a.m. until around 7:30 a.m. or 8:00 a.m. Focus on the area from China Creek to Lone Tree. Saw lots of people losing fish. I lost more than I got in the boat. The overall size seems to be down over the last few years but I did see a 44 pounder caught in front of the Scout Camp. Nice Fish!! Good luck!

just came back from 2 days in alberni and fished the china creek. Tons of fish around! We caught them on squirts and anchovy, I did see mackerel around but only hooked one so don't worry about them hitting your bait.

just came back from 2 days in alberni and fished the china creek. Tons of fish around! We caught them on squirts and anchovy, I did see mackerel around but only hooked one so don't worry about them hitting your bait.

gone fishin just told me the gill netters were out yesterday and the seiners are out today. so the fishing i think will slow down 4 a few days , 2 bad i`m on holidays, so i doubt i`ll be going up that way [:p]. tight lines scotty

Just got back from China Creek and the bite is definitely 6am till 8am. Caught fish during the day but best action in the morning. Best action on the old reliable pink hootchies then anchovies for me.

Fished Lone Tree this morning. Tide change around 9:30, we had 4 in the boat between 8:30 and 9:30 on cop car spoons. Saw lots taken by other boats around the same time.

Back