Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

quick questions where is the banks off bamfeild and will it be good around august 25th if someone could maby send me a chart to my email and show me where they are that would be great thanks :D

you dont want those banks near the japanese coast... pull er back a bit, say to 5-24 miles off Beale!

sure hope so, we are there the 24th - 29th. Last year we did exceptionally well around the 20-22 of Aug, so here is to hoping!!!

There are a crap pile of Chins coming. Fishing up the coast is red HOT. Big fish too. I expect we will see a repeat or better over last year. Gear up and get out there.

Gear up and get out there.

SHHHHHH!
4.gif

;)

Booked in at China Creek for 1 week starting on the 12th of July...... Sounds like the Sockeye are wiped out. We are travelling from the interior, My father Mother and my two kids... Should we pull the pin and move somewhere else? Any advice would be great. We are travelling 10hrs and don't really want to come home skunked.... lol.

Cheers
Billy

pretty sure their will still be sockeye still coming through then, if not springs and yoyos are around

Jory..you don't have to run offshore to find em,try Kirby,Swale,Agular point.....have the gear down 2 hours before the tide change...very simple

Booked in at China Creek for 1 week starting on the 12th of July...... Sounds like the Sockeye are wiped out. We are travelling from the interior, My father Mother and my two kids... Should we pull the pin and move somewhere else? Any advice would be great. We are travelling 10hrs and don't really want to come home skunked.... lol.

Cheers
Billy

It depends what they do with next weeks commercial fishery. They are having a meeting today so it should be announced today.
If they do what they did last week I would suggest heading somewhere else UNLESS you are willing to run to swale kirby etc.

I will be leaving here if they do that. Most boat came in with 0 or 1 fish today, a few with 2 fish per boat..
It really SUCKS!

dfo and their stupidity!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a tonn for the info. Running out is always an option. A little nicer if one could be positioned out that way though. I would go to toquart and fish out of there but the camp managers are a joke.

Any other sites that give decent access to Swale, Pill, Dip ect.....

Back