Point holmes launch

Bugs

What are the tide height thresholds for launching and retrieving. I understand not great on either very low or very high. How high is too high? Thanks

Will

What are the tide height thresholds for launching and retrieving. I understand not great on either very low or very high. How high is too high? Thanks

Will

what are you launching ?

I have a 17' fiberglass and can generally launch 2-15 ft.

We do excavate out a bit on the Northside at the very top of the ramp, this allows some room at 14-16 ' tides.

2-3 ft is off the end of the ramp, but there is a paved extension that allows launching at bit lower.

And if you have a glass boat, dont even think about launching or retrieving when there is a SE wind over 10knts

And if you have a glass boat, dont even think about launching or retrieving when there is a SE wind over 10knts
That’s for sure!!

and , if you have never used the ramp before, best practice to find enough water is to angle the trailer off the North side apron, not straight down the ramp!!! Your truck floorboards will be wet before the hull gets wet if you try straight down the ramp...

Attachments

• 4BCEB39C-F6B2-4D24-843A-9285E1B51BEF.jpeg
    4BCEB39C-F6B2-4D24-843A-9285E1B51BEF.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
The Point Holmes Recreation Association (PHRA) is a group of volunteers that manage the boatramp and shoreline park.

If any members would like to support the PHRA, yearly memberships are only $35 for full use of the ramp year-round.

Membership fees can be etransferred to the email below to receive a vehicle/trailer sticker. Include your name, phone and email please

donate@pointholmesrecreation.ca

thanks!

Back