Point Holmes boat ramp

lazoman

If this weather ever clears up, we'll be getting back into another great season of fishing that's just warming up here in northern Georgia Strait. I have a supply of 2010 vehicle stickers for the Pt Holmes ramp, still going for $30 for individuals, and $100 for a corporate donation. ( Tax receipts will be issued ).

I'm proud to say we had better $$ collected last year, and much was the result of SFBC members. The day launch rate is still decent at $5, but an annual rate of $30 is better for you and us. At the moment the ramp is barricaded off, waiting for badly needed repairs to the high-water surface area. We had a quote of over $30,000 to resurface the entire ramp, but we do not have the funds available for that. We hope to have the patching done asap.

If anyone is wishing to renew or purchase a vehicle pass, just PM me, and we can setup a time/place to get together. You will get a nice yellow sticker to display your support for the PHRA, along with a 2010 renewal sticker.

I know this is not the best ramp in a SE wind of any kind, not suitable for larger boats & trailers, and definitely difficult to launch on until you know the 'local secret' of jack-knifing your trailer over the north side of the ramp........do not try to back your boat straight down the ramp into the water, if you do, just make sure your windows are rolled up tight, because you'll have to go in that far to float your boat (seen it done).

This is a great ramp for locals to get out in smaller boats to fish Pt Lazo to the bell buoy, north side of Denman over to Hornby, even a trip to the hump at Kitty Coleman on a nice summer evening (see you there). We also ask that kayakers either pay the daily or annual launch fees as well. We need and appreciate the support from all users. We lease the ramp and surrounding area from the Town of Comox, and we must maintain it and purchase insurance to coa.

You are all welcome to attend a "Ramp It Up" party on Sunday afternoon, 13 June, weather permitting at the foreshore. Local merchants have donated fantastic raffle prizes, buy your kids a hot dog, and enjoy Jet FM for an on location broadcast from 12 -4 pm.

thank you.

Back