Plug question

Northdogboy

So I want to try trolling from my kayak.
Iv got a assortment of spoons but id like one or two plugs to try. Fish mostly around Nanaimo. But would like something that's a good general color that works most of the time.

That plug mentioned by RiverBoy is a winner. Problem will be that a plug needs to be at least 25ft behind the weight/downrigger release clip to get proper action. That said it may still catch at shorter lengths.

Fishinators made by Terry work very well and he has some wicked salmon fishing colors and everything from 2" - 9" plugs we troll them up here in the okanagan at 1.8 - 3.5 mph with awesome action.

That plug mentioned by RiverBoy is a winner. Problem will be that a plug needs to be at least 25ft behind the weight/downrigger release clip to get proper action. That said it may still catch at shorter lengths.
at slow speeds, If the plug is too far back, it will just float to the surface. I regularly fish plugs from my rowboat, Use a slider weight and run the plug 15 to 25 feet back.

Can't believe how prices for those Fishinators have climbed since I bought my first.

Anyway behind a kayak I'd go for articulated plugs as shown

20210309-182139-1.jpg

Top two-Tomics, Middle ancient Rebel, Bottom Yo-Zuri w/UV tape.

Can't believe how prices for those Fishinators have climbed since I bought my first.

Anyway behind a kayak I'd go for articulated plugs as shown

20210309-182139-1.jpg

Top two-Tomics, Middle ancient Rebel, Bottom Yo-Zuri w/UV tape.
Like those jointed tomics. Unfortunately no longer available.

Back