Pics of Iron

IronNoggin

Well, dispite the rumours on this site that me and the ladz ONLY fish the meat hole, that is simply not the case! Yes, we're there on and off, yes, we're damn tough to beat into the site when we want in first(we LIVE here after all), BUT the Riv is BIG, and there are LOADS of sweet holding spots up and down that flow. The majority of this year's fish have come from other sites for me. I'm getting seriously jaded by all the newbies and out-of-towners that seem to think that is the ONLY place on the Stamp to catch steel, the ever increasing illegal use of bait there, poor manners, etc.

These experiences have left me at least with two effects:
1) OK, so I'm not all that overly friendly when someone comes down to try and shoulder in when there is obviously folks already there. Someone in a previous post alluded to rudeness observed under these conditions, and by association, I am tarnished with the same brush. So be it, I've got rather leathery hide. If not walking up to offer a warm welcome when there was FIVE rods already in, sorry, then I was rude. On the other hand, who in their right mind would crawl the hill knowing the site was at capacity and expect such a welcome? Was that perhaps another example of rudeness from that end? Regardless, as I say, I'm getting more than jaded with the conjestion, and will be frequenting that particular spot much less often. Don't need the associated stress! Supposed to be fun after all.

2) I can understand that we've been a signifigant part of the problem. As someone else noted, it's like waving a flag at a bull landing fish after fish directly in front of those on the opposite side, especially when they're not catchin'. I perceive this has been instrumental in creating the conjestion of late. Again, I'll be leaving it to the crowd more often down the road as a consequence.

Now, all that being said in a post titled pictures?! The reason? look very closely at the background in these shots. If you know the flow at all, you'll soon recognise that fewer than one in twenty of the pix were taken at the site in question. There's one hell of a lot of good water on the Stamp, and most of it produces. Perhaps it's time to spread out the effort, and make each of our experiences out there more enjoyable?! The purpose of the post is to clearly show that there is a lot more great spots than just the one under current discussion/contention. Get out there, find them, make them your own. That's a LARGE part of what chasing Irons is all about! I, at least, will be focusing much more this direction for the balance of the season.

Enough of that, on to the pix. They're mostly iron, but cutt's, salmon and a few (warning graphic) hunting pix to boot. Enjoy:
http://fish.ssni.ca/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=IronNoggin&page=1

Tight Lines,
Nog

Those are some great pictures. keep them comming:D

steelheadman

steelheadman

steelheadman

steelheadman

Back