Pickling salt

danthewire

I know this might seem dumb,but I'm down to my last bit of pickling salt.We went looking for some on the weekend(Langford Colwood) and we couldn't find any.Where's everybody getting it?Dan

I haven't looked lately Dan, as I've stocked up. (ran into this problem in Langford in previous years)The only thing I can suggest is keep trying over a period of a few days and usually someone gets it in.
T2
PS-did you get out on the weekend?

No Rigours

We're getting into canning season. It may be difficult to find. Check the larger grocery stores, or places like Walmart and Canadian tire. I've also used the cheap road rock salt for anchovie brine as well. It works OK too.

Yeah I think thats what happened,haven't been out much this year but am getting ready for my trips and noticed I was low.We looked (wife)everywhere,I'm sure something will come in.Thanks Guys!Dan

I use the pickling salt for brining my bait. The guys down at Colwood Petro can looked at me like deer in the headlights. Iodized salt for bait? I don't think so. Thats what they are selling though.

Back