Petition to the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard

I've already told anyone that has ever stepped foot on my boat that treble hooks and signing this is a requirement of ever being invited back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way This Government works is once they’ve crossed the threshold, they won’t go back ........particularly where it affects FN relationships. I’d be happy to be proven wrong.
wish it wasnt so but I sadly have to agree with pescador. in addition to what peacador states, any retraction or going backwards by giving us more access will make them look like idiots...which they are but they dont like to admit it pubically. They have taken a narrative and anything that goes against that narrative they will have egg on their face. Never heard a politiican admit they were wrong. Not the most humble of professions if you ask me.

Curious, how many have written and sent a letter or email to the Minister in support of the SFAB proposed MSF opportunities?

The decision request is sitting on her desk right now.

It's easy public fisheries alliance has put out a form letter!

Curious, how many have written and sent a letter or email to the Minister in support of the SFAB proposed MSF opportunities?

The decision request is sitting on her desk right now.
The best thing is to write your own letter directly to the Minister Jordan and call her office. Here is the details for doing that:

Bernadette Jordan
902-527-5655
bernadette.jordan@parl.gc.ca

Also the Public Fishery Alliance has started a letter writing campaign at the link below:

Just sent my letter now, very easy to do, also made a donation to the PFA. We need to support organizations like the PFA and SVIAC so they can lobby on behalf of the Public Fishery - the time for action is now!

I was on a meeting today with DFO staff. They still have no date for a decision on the Chinook SFAB proposals. The decision is being made 100% by Fisheries Minister Jordan so we need to keep the pressure on! Keep the emails and letters going!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

I was on a meeting today with DFO staff. They still have no date for a decision on the Chinook SFAB proposals. The decision is being made 100% by Fisheries Minister Jordan so we need to keep the pressure on! Keep the emails and letters going!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!
i made my entire family send in letters... however, as much as I would like to feel positive, my gut is turning which usually tells me that something that I don't like is going to happen. We have seen a recent court case and legal remedies used to overturn a DFO decision. I feel that we need to summon up all the stakeholders in this multi-billion dollar direct and indirect industries which are affected by these decisions(eg, hotel, hospitality, restaurants, tackle shops, B&Bs, fishing charters, transportation, etc) and everyone needs to make a contribution that goes towards a legal lawsuit to stop this BS that DFO is imposing. Under DFO's authority, they have responsibilities and their decisions can't just be made based on fluff... So far their decision which have been placed upon our group have no scientific merit behind it. It would be similar to a bylaw officer, police officer or firefighter telling someone they can't walk down a certain street because they are investigating an accident when an accident never took place. When they do this, they are basically taking away our rights, freedoms without cause. We haven't challenged DFO in court ... If we did and won, I am sure this sort of ******** would not be happening year after year.

surely out of the 300,000 saltwater licenses issued last year, there has to be a few good lawyers in there... any lawyers care to give some advice on whether legal action would be successful?

How do we go about getting legal action started for the saltwater regulations?

I think there is a wait and see as the fresh water guys want acess to bar fishing for Fraser 4-1s. There’s started off with a protest where people were ticket and now they are Goinng to count to fight the tickets.

Dear minister jordan,

There is a lot of enthusiasm for fishing in BC waters and the opportunity to catch a fish is in interest to many families. Right now the travelling restrictions prevent most tourism but the fishing guides can still take our local residents.

The reason hatchery fish would be on the table is that some of these fish are passing through to other destinations than the fraser river. The large majority of fraser fish are a later run as well. If we were able to keep 1 hatchery marked fish it would be appreciated by many anglers and guides as well as future travellers (covid prevents this atm).

Hatchery programs should allow for retention of fish and if such programs are unable to clip or remove the adipose fin something should be done. As a closing statement many people go out to fish in BC waters and never catch anything at all. The one time they do manage to get lucky to hook a fish and even luckier to land it they are unable to keep it. There should be enough sustainable conservation to allow retention of hatchery marked fish.

Thank you for your time

Back