PDF repair?

lazoman

I have two older mustang manual inflatable vests, both have very small holes in the inner material. Is there any reliable way to patch these or is it best to just scrap them?

Being that it's a safety item, I would just get new ones. The cartridge blows up the vest pretty fast so I wouldn't trust a patch. You could phone Mustang and ask to talk to customer service. I would suspect any" repair" on the inflatable would not longer make the vest CCG approved. I bought a one at the Vancouver boat show for under $120.

That's a good price, best I've seen on the island is 159 for mustang, and 110 for a Helly Hansen. Any other good deals out there? Thanks

quote:Originally posted by lazoman

That's a good price, best I've seen on the island is 159 for mustang, and 110 for a Helly Hansen. Any other good deals out there? Thanks

Lots of new ones on eBay for $50-80.

TenMile
<'((((><

hey Lazoman , repaired or patched PFD's are not considered to be "valid" pfds by the Coast Guard. So you will still need extra ones for everyone on board in case you are checked for gear. New ones sound like the way to go.

Hey Lazoman,

Though I didn't pull the trigger, there were great deals on electronics, I was looking at radar/plotter combos. I recall Roton, Ocean Yacht Equipment and Steveston Marine having the best prices. Must be a sign of the times. It must be hard trying to sell the big ticket items now a days.

I know they may not be 'valid' but I've repaired small tears in the past with a vinyl patch used for bicycle tube repairs and 'seal-stop', or whatever it's called. Works just fine.

Its supposed to save your life if your life is not worth $100 plus fix them, or fix and use as spares but buy new ones. Cabelas in Olympia had new ones for $79 free shipping awhile back

Back