Panama Red

rigg dogg

I know it's sport fishing BC, but I thought you guys might like to see a few pics from down in Panama. Myself and buddy from work just got back the other day. Tried for 2 days but didn't get any Marlin, even though we were fishing around the legendary Hanibal Bank in the Northern Panama area. We had a hard time even finding bait. Had good Blue water and a new moon. Not sure where the fish were as there was nobody else catching any either.
We decided to go inshore for Rooster fish and Cubera snapper. Man those fish can pull, even on heavy tackle. My buddy caught the biggest Rooster, estimated him @ 80lbs. Caught a real variety of fish as well, Amber Jacks, Jack Crevalle, Rainbow runners and a pile of Dorado.

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

Fabulous Rooster!

I've caught 'em down in Ecuador they pull like a freight train.

Thanks for sharing![8D]

Awesome pics rigg thx for sharin.. I got to hit those waters some day soon..

Yeah I told him that sunscreen wasn't going to do him much good putting it on after he got burnt. He's still complaining about it. Glad you guys like the pics.
We caught most of them on live Blue Runners for bait, did manage to catch 2 smaller ones casting Yozuri surface plugs and ripping them back to the boat as fast as possible.

Rigg Dogg
Great pix looks like a great time, thinking of taking the lady away in Feb was thinking mexico but would like to try somewhere different
where in panama did you stay? city,town,hotel and any other info would be great
Thank's in advance
Tony

Hey Weasone, unless your woman is realy into fishing I wouldn't take her to the same place we were at. Not much to do there but fish. Up @ 5Am fish till 5Pm. Back at the lodge, eat supper, drink rum till whatever time you want then bed and back up @ 5. Fishermans dream :D but not might be what the little woman is into for a holiday. Theres no pool there or a beach and it's a pretty steep climb from the boat to the lodge. We were at the Panama big game fishing club www.panamabiggamefishingclub.com. It's on Boca Brava island by the city of David.
I have been to Quepos/Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica a few times. It's very nice there. Took the wife and kids on 1 trip, they had a blast. Lots to do besides fish. Great beaches, national park, resturaunts and good fishing. Caught lots of sailfish, dorado, roosters and 2 marlin. We rented a house each time we went but there are lots of hotels.
I can give you the name of a guy I know down there if you want. He can line up everything you will need.

Back