Paging "Gunsmith"

IronNoggin

Hey & Hi,

Saw your post "My nickname "Gunsmith" came from the odd job I did at stock repairs." in the political thread, and wishing to avoid a hijack of that one, thought I would pose you a question in a differing one...

So, here's the sad tale. Many years ago now, I was fortunate enough to acquire a European issue Browning BBR in 25-06 (note B - Bolt rifle as apposed to the A - Bolt and/or X - Bolt that subsequently replaced the BBR). This I happily presented to my Missuz, and she loved it. Damn fine shooter! The European issue came with a semi-bull barrel, and matte finished stock. Jump forward a few years... Lent "her" rifle to a buddy for a caribou hunt in the NWT. Although in a hardshell case, he managed to snap the stock. OUCH! Tied it fore and aft on the case over a load of caribou on the toboggan, hit a bump, and walla, clean break through the pistol grip. I did a reasonable quickie repair, whilst searching for a new stock...

It has now been many years since that unfortunate occurrence, and The Missuz informed me quite recently that was far too long. Problem being I simply cannot find a replacement anywhere, despite some serious investigations?

So, when I saw your name and note, I figured it was worth a gamble to see if you might happen to know where I could dig one up? Or perhaps make one of desirable materials (I would supply likely) if not?

I'm headed offshore for a few weeks (perhaps more) in the early am. But will look and hope to see your reply either before I flee, or upon my return. Feel free to shoot me an Email in this regard to: mattstabler@shaw.ca

Any and all help GREATLY</u> Appreciated!

Cheers and Thanks in advance!
Nog - Hoping to finally clear the DogHouse after all these years!:D

Hey Matt I have sent you an E-Mail that should help you out!
Dave AKA Gunsmith.

Hi Gunsmith, I mentioned to you before about needing a bolt for a 25-06, I believe that it is a remington, as the shells I have for it are remingtons and thats all I've ever shot through it... I don't know if that helps at all?

Take only what you need.

If you can give me the make and the model of the rifle I might be able to find something for you. It is very important to heve these bits of information.
Dave.

There is no info on the gun itself. All I know is it is a remington action. maybe custom barreling as it is blued to perfection. With no visible numbers. I used to have the bolt for it, then an X girlfreind threw it out of my truck one day. :(

Take only what you need.

There is no info on the gun itself. All I know is it is a remington action. maybe custom barreling as it is blued to perfection. With no visible numbers. I used to have the bolt for it, then an X girlfreind threw it out of my truck one day. :(

Take only what you need.

Ah is it a model 700, 788,600,660.As you can see there are even more models to pick from. It looks like you will have to take it to a gunsmith and have him check it out.

IMG_1445.jpg

Ah is it a model 700, 788,600,660.As you can see there are even more models to pick from. It looks like you will have to take it to a gunsmith and have him check it out.

IMG_1445.jpg

Back