P66 install

Charts

Doing an electronics meeting over and installing a new P66.. is this where you would install it? Looking at doing a stern saver then attaching the bracket to it. Is this too close to my main?

Attachments

• 20210304_174652.jpg
    20210304_174652.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 125
where your kicker at?
if its on starboard side its ok where you plan...
but running on the main your going to get a lot of prop wash so may lose signal

There’s lots of good info if you do a search on this site. i do recall something in my manual about the rotation of the main prop as well.

you want the cleanest ( bubble or turbulence free) water available going by the transducer. careful installing to close to boat chines. also the stern saver itself could throw a small wake at the transducer.

There’s lots of good info if you do a search on this site. i do recall something in my manual about the rotation of the main prop as well.

you want the cleanest ( bubble or turbulence free) water available going by the transducer. careful installing to close to boat chines. also the stern saver itself could throw a small wake at the transducer.
Ok thank you. I know that there is lots to read on this site but every boat is different so wanted the best advice based on my boat. I have a transducer on the other side so that is why I am looking on this side. Kicker is on the starboard side

I have the P66 where you have the tape and it works fine unless i have the trim tab down. It interferes with the P66 read

Back