Oxidizing Elk lake

habberdasher

I just read that the CRD are going to implement a oxygenation plan for Elk lake
The lake has had a water quality problem for the decades I have enjoyed it first with the Uvic Crew and now as a fisherman.
The oxidation of Langford lake seems to grow big trout I assume Elk will soon too

My understanding is that Elk lake problem is bigger than oxygen levels:
"Therefore, our preferred option is a treatment with a clay-based P-binding material, lanthanum-modified bentonite, whichhas been applied world-wide and proven to be non-toxic.This material, called PhoslockTM, consists of bentonite clay in which naturally adsorbed cations have been replaced with the rare earth element, lanthanum (La).In the presence of orthophosphate (SRP),La forms ahighly stable mineraland effectively intercepts P release from the sediment."

My understanding is that Elk lake problem is bigger than oxygen levels:
"Therefore, our preferred option is a treatment with a clay-based P-binding material, lanthanum-modified bentonite, whichhas been applied world-wide and proven to be non-toxic.This material, called PhoslockTM, consists of bentonite clay in which naturally adsorbed cations have been replaced with the rare earth element, lanthanum (La).In the presence of orthophosphate (SRP),La forms ahighly stable mineraland effectively intercepts P release from the sediment."
What he said

Back