Owner No Escape hooks

markfarley

Crew Member
I was thinking about trying some of these for teaser heads and cut plugging. 5/0-4/0. Did a search but no info on here. Does anyone have experience or an opinion about these?

I haven't yet but sure will...just new out this year, have you seen them in any stores yet? Owner in my opinion are top of the food chain as far as quality goes. Well them and Trokar but Trokar are really pricey.

4106-Red.jpg

Don't like the look of them but haven't used them yet and probably won't-the regular SSW with the Cutting Point is absolute murder and that's good enough for me.

Looks the same as an octopus hook with a couple angles added into the bend. Don't really see how those would help in any way...

still needs a down turn eye ????? which why so many lose fish and if you have hooks opening up----- it never got in ....

Reminds me of a Matsuo or riverfisher sickle hook.

Reminds me of a Matsuo or riverfisher sickle hook.

Yup, I agree. They look a lot like the Matzuo Octopus hooks but likely much better quality since they are Owners.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Matz...gclid=CJ_g6-TittECFYhbfgod7EAGxA&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've used the Matzuo Sickle and Octopus hooks for years and in my opinion they do hold fish better because of their design. Don't ask me why but I've had far fewer lost fish with them. I'm going to give those Owners a try.

Used both..
for salt water, the cutting points still do more havoc... The new hooks are great for the river I find...

Back