Outside Storage

nedarb2

I bought one of those portable garages to store the boat and supplies in. Is it okay to store rods and those types of things in it? And should i be treating the gas? Its a 14' lund with a 25 and 4 horse on it. Ive never stored a boat or any of my stuff outside :p Thanks

Make sure you don't let snow and ice accumulate on it, two in my neighborhood had the frame collapse.

Yup, be aware of freezing, legs down and drained. Are you concerned about theft? Consider anchoring four corners with cinder blocks to protect from blow away.
PinchMe

Rods, Gear, Downriggers, Electronics or anything of value take off the boat! What if???? Why take a chance!

The cinder blocks are a great idea although I would recomend them on all legs. Seen the results of my friends garage being lifted over his 6' fence and ending up in the back yard upside down. ;)

JMHO Cheers ME

thanks! It in a safe location so I am not too worried about theft, unless they want to go past my house into the fenced back yard, but you never know i guess! THe legs are down and drained. Im going to string rope across the ceiling and hang my rods inbetween two strings of it, and put a little desk and shelves in it so i can store my fishing stuff in it and rig rods +etc. Im also going to hang a light form the roof. Itll be my fishing hut ;) This weekend il be anchoring it down, especially with this years windstorms ide bet that thing could fly ;)

With your rods and stuff some time the condesation will do harm to them they will corrode and rust up better in the garage dry. I used to leave my downriggers and rods all the time until the guides coroded and became slimy for all the use in the summer.

Good Luck Wolf

quote:Originally posted by wolf

With your rods and stuff some time the condesation will do harm to them they will corrode and rust up better in the garage dry. I used to leave my downriggers and rods all the time until the guides coroded and became slimy for all the use in the summer.

Good Luck Wolf
thats what i was worried especially about. Thanks!

Suds +1

My 10' x 20' collapsed under snow load this winter. Joys of rec property. Condensation can be a booger. I'd try the boat for a few months before I put any gear in there.

Treat your gas.

After a long ,hard day fishing on the fraser, I was cold and tired so I thought I would clean out the boat the next day. I laid the rods down inside, sticking over the windshield and backed her into the carport Next morning everything was gone. 4 rods,tackle,radio and more.Never thought someone would come right up to the house like that.
When I moved to the island I didn't have a carport so I bought one of those portables. One windy night it picked up and bent over the fence into the neighbors yard.but the legs were stuck on my side and did a real chew up job on my gelcoat. After repairing the cover, I would tie it down to the boat.That fixed it.
Now I have a larger boat that stays in the water. so all the birds can crap on it,and the sun can cook it and the waves beat the crap out of it[B)].and don't forget the snow:(and all the expensive gear that is on it for anyone to help themselves to[xx(]and the moorage fees[V]
damn, now i'm depressed

quote:Originally posted by knucklebuster

Now I have a larger boat that stays in the water. so all the birds can crap on it,and the sun can cook it and the waves beat the crap out of it[B)].and don't forget the snow:(and all the expensive gear that is on it for anyone to help themselves to[xx(]and the moorage fees[V]

haha i have that too [V]

Back