Our other hobbies...

Mine is road cycling. Too many trips over the bars on a mountain bike. I had to give that up. My other hobby is woodworking, building cabinets and tables.

lacrosse, playing and coaching,, mntn biking....hangin at the hide-out.

Collected vintage fishing gears, working on outboards , woodwork, gardening, flyfishing, tying flies, and more

When not chasing fish I enjoy painting Spoons and Plugs. Seeing my own creations that I've shared with friends and family catch fish brings a huge smile to my face.

One day I may turn it into a business venture and maybe re coop a buck or two.

I love alpine skiing, it brought me to BC in the first place and kept me coming back for many seasons until I gave up ski instructing, got married and stayed for good. Along the line I got involved with ski racing and timing. My kids have long since finished racing and are now raising kids of their own, but I still like timing races. Timing brings out my inner nerd I guess. Any form of community service is good, you might as well choose something you like! Plus there is stuff to do in every season! Spent a chunk of each of the past four summer placing new buried wiring and terminations. We now have a network of 15 or so hardwired timing locations that covers all of the racing terrain at Apex from top to bottom. About 2500 m of telephone cable buried now. One shot of my handiwork: the distribution board in the timing room.

2015-10-12%2012.35.02_zpswbgppuje.jpg

Not really a hobby but we do spend time as a family doing it when we can. Both the kids like going either as passengers or on their Razor if it's not too long of a trip. In a few more years I'm sure they'll last longer than I do? lol

Attachments

• Loaded Up.jpg
    Loaded Up.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Gravel Pit.jpg
    Gravel Pit.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Spring Ride1.jpg
    Spring Ride1.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Getting Ready.jpg
    Getting Ready.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Lets Go.......jpg
    Lets Go.......jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 67
  • RZR170.jpg
    RZR170.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Muddin.....jpg
    Muddin.....jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 63
"Bondo Bill",that's some "clunker "you have there.I would love to have that black piece of "OLD CRAP".That's ART on wheels.:):D

No boat this season so alot more time for exploring the island , been to some amazing places,Frenchfalls, mnt buldouck ,port renfrew,avatar grove ,tofino,ukee, mnt arrowsmith to name a few .. Also been tinkering with some models and airbrushing image.jpeg

Last edited:
No boat this season so alot more time for exploring the island , been to some amazing places,Frenchfalls, mnt buldouck ,port renfrew,avatar grove ,tofino,ukee, mnt arrowsmith to name a few .. Also been tinkering with some models and airbrushing View attachment 29332
Appears to be a model of the Sherman M4A3 with the cast iron hull and the original 75mm cannon. great detail model. What scale?

I spend most of my spare time trying to figure out how you guys afford the big boats and all those pricey toys! ;)

Aside from that... Hunting, Camping, ATVing, Skiing/snowboarding and being a Dad of a 7 year old and 10 year old that play multiple sports and have as many hobbies as I do. Sure had a good time with my Son and his first year of Lacrosse this year. Being on the bench with him reminded me just how much I love the game.

Love the Island life!

Tips

image.jpg
Appears to be a model of the Sherman M4A3 with the cast iron hull and the original 75mm cannon. great detail model. What scale?
You betcha it is 1/35 scale M4 Sherman 49,234 tanks were produced from 1942 on.. The Model is from the "world of tanks " roll out series made by Italeri i hoped to do the whole series but they are becoming so popular the price of these kits is going through the roof... Also bit again buy the hobby bug on the weekend with Mountain bikes for the girlfriend and myself .. Lookin forward to trying my new hydraulic disc brakes .. Cause im sure that is importantView attachment 29487

Last edited:
jw 1.jpg

jw2.jpg

jw3.jpg

Had the bikes out for a good rip today , something i should have done along time ago , was a ten k lung burner for sure but well needed, the girlfriend is enjoying it to so it will ease her into the pain of next years boat purchase

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are saltwater fishing, freshwater fishing, preparing for salt water fishing season... Hopefully ice fishing this year, since I haven't gotten into that yet.

Cooking is a big one. Camping, time outdoors.

Back