Our other hobbies...

If I'm not fishing I'm collecting tackle. Also into fixing up old boats. Home distillation is something I dabble in when I have time as well as smoking meat/fish and making sausage. Always in the shop making boat stuff too. That's probably my all time #1 hobby. Hard to nail it down to just one thing though.

Not much happening here because of the rain. And I finally got the parts together to build a new and improved um.... "Water distiller". So did this today.
image.jpeg

My Other Hobbie

56 Chevy 3100 custom 4x4 that Ive been building for the last 5+ years

B8B3E444-DA0B-45B0-8843-1DA8C6F13743_zps0tivnstb.jpg

F8BCA2FE-63EC-44C6-9FCA-772F99C956A7_zpslprqeeyg.jpg

Almost everything in my life revolves around fishing in one way or the other - whether I am at work, rest or play...I do however enjoy inventing things, making tackle, developing websites and creating art within the tackle that I create. Sometimes I work for other companies and individuals either creating, developing or testing fishing & outdoors related products. However lately, I have started playing around in areas more so for me and becoming a little more selfish with my knowledge. So on the outside of that realm, my latest hobby has been related to creating ebikes(or converting regular bikes into ebikes).

Here is my latest build...it has been built over time with a modest investment of approx. $5600.CAD I am lovin' every ride as it surely creates a different kind of commute. I like the near zero footprint that this hobby has on our environment and how cheap it actually is to operate on a regular basis. Go Green! :)

The easiest way to keep in touch with my regular updates related to ebikes is to follow the #hash tag #ebike on FISH ARMY Canada or simply follow this link: http://fisharmycanada.com/index.php?a=search&tag=ebike

That's pretty cool. Is the motor powerful enough to take off from a dead stop? Or does it need to be rolling before it will take off?

image.jpeg

One of my Foxbody 5.0 Mustangs...

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Another one of my Foxbody Stangs....

image.jpeg

And another mustang I own....

So...cars keep me busy.... And as of late... Designing colour patterns for tackle have kept me busy too....not to mention beer!

Yes this ones just right. First attempt I made a nice still but at 55 gallons was a bit overkill.

'67 Acadian Canso
Bought the car when I was 16 after selling my first boat. Spent hundreds of hours working on it in my younger years, 327 SBC .. haven't had the time for it lately hopefully more time when the kids grow up a little.

Still having a love for fast boats I purchased a fixer upper a bunch of years ago.
'69 Hondo V-Drive Flat. 400 SBC. 81 mph on the gps
Replaced stringers and floor along with all new rigging and foot pedal trim.
It's another toy I haven't used since kids.

Back