Otter or Beachy?

Highliner

I was thinking about heading out to one of these locations to do a little casting off the rocks. Has anyone ever had success for salmon? I read that blueorca used to do it. Anyone else? What is the best lure to use? Buzzbombs? Also, I've never tried Otter from shore. Can anyone tell me the specifics of getting out there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. No boat this weekend:(:( and I'll do just about anything to fish. Call me desperate. Wave to me as your trolling by ;)

Cheers

I've spin casted from both places, Beechy Head is a good walk to get into And when you're walking back out with that 10.5 lb salmon the decimal point drops out pretty quick.Just drive past cheanuh and turn left on the road out to pacfic lions [can't remember the name]drive to end of road park and hike out.I haven't gone out there in years.The best spot is on the right side of the head in the bay there is a sort of notch in the rock that you can get into and cast out.Best luck was with a stingsilda about 4 inches long.Otter point is a little more convient you can drive out and park along the road watch for the no parking signs and just walk down to the point I never had much luck there but my uncle got spooled by a good sized one a few years ago.Same lure.DAN

My cousins lived in Sooke all their lives. They fish from otter point quite often. They usually get a few there every year. Much better access there too. I would hate to walk back a 30 lb fish from "the Head". There's a little bit of a deep hole just on the victoria side of the head. the rock cuts in a bit. Try fishing into that hole.

Back