Oregon or Washington Tuna

Thinking of heading down there to fish tuna. Anybody know regs for bringing fish back across the border? Anybody recommend a specific charter? Also how many coolers do u think could be needed? Cheers.

There's no issue bringing back fish I've done it from the US & Mexico both and when I declared it they weren't interested.

Ocean Sport Fishing out of Westport on a boat called the Ranger...if you can get on it. Take one cooler but the biggest one you can buy..it will be full of lions when you come home.

Ocean Sport Fishing out of Westport on a boat called the Ranger...if you can get on it. Take one cooler but the biggest one you can buy..it will be full of lions when you come home.

You might need 2 depending upon how much you're lucky enough to catch and or keep. Like profisher suggested the Ranger is the top of the puker boats out of Westport as they use nets instead of gaffing and do the best job filleting and caring till you get back to shore but most are still very good. No problems at the border. Westport you can trade some of your catch and pay a fee for canned fish.

Fish are way offshore right now from Westport and day trips on the big pukers are being cancelled as they're out of range so you'd need to do a multi day one or go on a smaller fast mover like All Rivers, Far Corners or KC. Live bait stops there are best in mid September

I've been on The Fury...good crew but you share everything with other fisherman regardless of how many you land. The Rampage is not for everyone but you're given the option of keep what you catch or share...not for people that can't follow instructions as you will be yelled at but it's a fishy boat with a fishy Captain Randy

Back