Opinion On Older Boats

Hey there seems to be some nice Glasply boats around. Wolf, what size is yours? I guess a 19 footer would be to small for hali fishing?

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Mine is the 23 ft sedan model depends where you halibut fish i guess a 19 ft is not to short just look at some that go out I have seen a 14 ft tinny once out at swiftsure bank. it all depends on your abilities me guesses!!!!!!!

Good Luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey Wolf,
wonders if we were out there same day, 2 guys fly casting for coho
and having a great time... flat calm mind you.
we were amazed... where did they come from ?

The Guy I saw was by himself in a OLD 14 ft with about a 70s 20 hp johnson and that was it!!!!!! the fisheries was asking me questions when this guy shows up and asks "is this where you get halibut"!!!!!!!!!

Then the fishery guy became unglued and went on a rant telling him to get back from where you came from and lectured him big time!!!
He came from bamfield if you can believe that!!!!!!

So i guess a 19 ft isnt too small depends if you know what your limitations are I can tell you one thing they are a very tough boat I am very impressed with mine it handles a 3 ft chop with ease I really dont like rough weather but I have come back in some real snotty stuff and it handles it just fine.

Good luck on your quest but best advice I can give you!!!!if it isnt really cheap dont buy it as I think we are in a load of hurt here soon (just my gut feeling)
I sure woundnt be spending a lot of money on a boat right now as the only thing you can fish for is a winter spring no hali,no prawns,more closures to come I am sure. go in with both eyes very very big.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Yep, that's all true. I'm just sitting in the weeds waiting to see how things go and what deal might come along. Things could get interesting around Christmas and into next year: There may be a lot of folks selling boats next year would my guess.

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Back