One Lure........

I know......I'm a vegan and they support my lifestyle. :p
with that being said I hate to ask what you put in it then:p
gives soy roll a whole new meaning:D;)

Mint pearl special Anchovy Is great working. my buddies and I caught big springs on the mint pearl 26, 27, 29, and 34 the bait were rolling correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
herring, either a sexy shiny cutty , or rigged whole ( wholly roller ) , no flasher. Hard to beat the classic.

Anchovies, chartreuse Rhys Davis teaser head

Yup,,, along with the Chartreuse Flasher..

The meat and potatoes I call it. I generally run two rods trying every different type of lure on the one but my rod always stays with the meat and potatoes on it. Catches 75% of the fish that hit my boat,, bar none..

I know a couple of guys that use a plain white hoochy in the Alberni Inlet in late August when Chinooks are up around Lone Tree pt.etc.......

works like you wouldn't believe.....

Alot of guys do well with red squirts w/red Gammy hooks in Alberni too.For springs not sockeye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of guys do well with red squirts w/red Gammy hooks in Alberni too.For springs not sockeye.

This^^^.Although I love running Anchovie for migrating Springs,if i had only one lure for fishing all species of
Pacific Salmon it would be a MP2 mini squirt.This is what we ran for sockeye on the commercial troller and you wouldn't believe the incidental springs we would catch on that thing.It's more red colored than pink and it just seems to **** the big hogs right off.

Anchovy in any teaser head, cut plug herring, or herring in a teaser head. Gimme bait any day. Nothing like a little oil in the water to get the final decision by the fish to bite........

Back