Once in a millennium' rogue wave recorded off of Ucluelet

Is that the one that wiped out a boat and four people? Gonna be crazy when they get more stations out there to monitor those waves. It’ll make you feel small really quick

That's nuts, sitting in 15 foot waves then get smacked by a 57 foot wave.
Some days I am happy at my desk job!

If you are in a usual size fishing boat (i.e. 30 ft. or less) and you get hit by a wave this big I don't know how you would avoid being capsized - very scary!!!

51HF8T9QM4L.jpg

What would your approach be if you saw it coming? Up and over? Angle across the front like a surfer? Head for cover? Would there even be time to react?

What would your approach be if you saw it coming? Up and over? Angle across the front like a surfer? Head for cover? Would there even be time to react?
guess that would depend on if it was a breaking wave or not. But from video I've seen of boats in the surf, you loose steerage pretty quick if you try to do anything other than straight at it and over.

Buncha lightweights here I see. LOL

Surfers play in really big waves these days, like these ones.

The advent of tow surfing opened up a lot of waves to being surfed, and this one off Portugal is famous for that.

One doesn't want to fall off very often methinks.

Take care.

Buncha lightweights here I see. LOL

Surfers play in really big waves these days, like these ones.

The advent of tow surfing opened up a lot of waves to being surfed, and this one off Portugal is famous for that.

One doesn't want to fall off very often methinks.

Take care.
Just watched the story on this on HBO. Takes a special type of person to do this.

Back