Old line question

stones93

I am pretty sure I may know the answer but here it goes. I bought 2 new MR3's last year. I had them backed and has 30lb test line put on but did not get a chance to use them last year. The reals where stored on their pouch and inside. Is the line dried out and no good? No big deal for me to get it done but was wondering if that is a waste. I also have not lubed the reals (never used yet). Should I just bite the bullet and get them both done or should it be fine. These are destined for Langara island in 3 weeks. Thx

IMHO you're good to go as is.

Putting new line on new reels won't help get you a 50. Putting in many long hours at different times and places might.

Putting new line on new reels won't help get you a 50. Putting in many long hours at different times and places might.
yeah thank captain obvious :) was not to sure how long a fishing line you hold its integrity before you should replace it!

What will kill your mono is the release clip. For my reels I use 20# spectra with 15-20 yards of 40# mono top shot; it clips very well. I replace the top shot often. If you twist the mono then clip onto the twist, the mono will pull-out smoothly without fraying.

What will kill your mono is the release clip. For my reels I use 20# spectra with 15-20 yards of 40# mono top shot; it clips very well. I replace the top shot often. If you twist the mono then clip onto the twist, the mono will pull-out smoothly without fraying.
Nice tip there. Thanks.

Back