Oil Bath Bearing Cover Replacement on the long weekend?

KatieB

Long embarrassing story put aside I need one of these on the long weekend. Marine places in the Comox Valley are closed tomorrow, Lordco doesn't have it, Canadian Tire doesn't have it. Any advice as to where I could get one tomorrow (Sunday)? Three days off and buddies that want to fish and I'm the dumbass that broke my trailer. Wish I had Bearing Buddies instead. Would be willing to make road trip to Campbell River or Nanaimo tomorrow for the right part.

Why not grease your bearings and put a normal dust cover on or a bearing buddy, will get you thru your fishing plans then you just clean it off after replace the seal .
Just a thought.

Looks like Bill Howich in Campbell River will be open tomorrow. Will try them in the morning for the correct part. If not then I might try your suggestion Salmonkiller. Cheers.

Long embarrassing story put aside I need one of these on the long weekend. Marine places in the Comox Valley are closed tomorrow, Lordco doesn't have it, Canadian Tire doesn't have it. Any advice as to where I could get one tomorrow (Sunday)? Three days off and buddies that want to fish and I'm the dumbass that broke my trailer. Wish I had Bearing Buddies instead. Would be willing to make road trip to Campbell River or Nanaimo tomorrow for the right part.
What size do you need-is it for a 6 lug wheel-6500 or so trailer-12 inch backing plate. I have spares and will lend you one if they fit. PM me I'm in comox-I also have a smaller size now that I think of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parker Marine in Nanaimo Has both sizes. Little late on this topic but for future for other people. Montys In Duncan also has both sizes.

Big Thanks to Spring Fever who helped me out yesterday. Hope good fish karma comes your way SF! Was just happy to get out on the water this weekend. Cheers!

This happen to me recently too. I am told they come off a bit more often than they should. When u find where to buy them, buy two so a spare is in the boat.

This happen to me recently too. I am told they come off a bit more often than they should. When u find where to buy them, buy two so a spare is in the boat.

Actually the screw in ones are pretty "reliable"-they never just fall out-they have to be hit-either by a rock or backing into something. One or 2 extra's is always good insurance-in 8 years of long range travel I have never had to use one. I talked to a gentleman from the forum last year who thinks he lost his to a rock while underway on the highway. Needless to say if the oil goes you don't have much running time. I also carry a standard hub pre-greased with new bearings and seals-ready to go!!

Picked up a couple of metal ones at Bill Howich in Campbell. Will be changing them out on my next oil change for the hubs and will carry the plastic ones as spares. I did smash the hub on something lightly and i'm sure the metal ones would have survived.

Back