OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the reports are showing 13-18 knot winds around the harbour and airport. Is it not that bad on the water at Sandheads? It's an Easterly so perhaps that's easing water conditions.

Ive never used that one , windfinder was accurate yesterday when i was on the water , but it can change pretty quik!!

Agreed, it can. Might sit it out an hour and see how it goes or wait to hear a live report update. I'm not far from UBC and my weather system is showing 8 knot gusts.

Out at sandheads yesterday. Good bite from about 1:30 to 2:30 seemed like everyone had at least a couple of hookups during that time.

Thinking of doing the late tide tonight. Anyone out at the bell Bouy right now for a wind report from the North Arm. I'd prefer to do the cap, but not solo. I'm sure it's a gong show being Sunday

Last edited:
Out at North arm Hatch coho and just lost a screamer. Seen decent fishing today.

Weather and water has been great since sunrise.

Nice Chum Tightlines.
Fished flood till 1230.
Landed one Jack, Had my herring slammed but lost it due to confusion on who's rod and finished up with one long line release Jack.
First time in a while that I saw action all around me.
Was fishing 27 and 39 on the rigger for the majority of time. Herring and dummy on one side and chovie on the other.
Conditions were awesome.
Might not retire just yet!
Have a feeling this week is going to be hot.

Thanks for the reports guys. Heading to the ramp now. Hopefully the high slack will produce. Glad to see you guys had some good luck.

Big thunder squall just blew through. Right in the middle of it I picked up a 10lb spring at bell Bouy. Army truck hoochie with purple haze flasher 45 feet deep.

anyone else see the yahoo throwing seal bombs all day at sandheads saturday? we put 3 in the box, fishin shallow green can, herring.

Whats wrong with the Bombs ......... to bad it wasnt foggy and the booms were from a 30/06 instead. The Dump bears of the sea are out of control. No different then the wolf problems throughout the province, but the seals narrow them down at the river mouths. Pound em if ya can.

Are those legal? And how are they not scaring the fish as well?

Whats wrong with the Bombs ......... to bad it wasnt foggy and the booms were from a 30/06 instead. The Dump bears of the sea are out of control. No different then the wolf problems throughout the province, but the seals narrow them down at the river mouths. Pound em if ya can.
I remember my uncles and grandpa would shoot them with shotguns when we were gillnetting

I believe the whale watching boats disturb the whales that eat seals,seems as soon as those whale watching boats arrive the whales quit munching seals. People should stop advising these boats where the whales are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back