OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're taking what I'm trying to say rather personally. I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intent. Obviously you personally have been doing very well. The fishing for you personally would definitely qualify as "on fire". The fleet as a whole fishing either of the Cap or the Fraser has probably seen generally lack luster results.

I'm not doubting you and some others have been doing very well. If you're out there very regularly you get far more tuned in to what is working than the average weekend fisherman. I believe you, I'm sure your having great results. It makes me extremely happy that you are. I guess this topic just highlights how everyone's expectations, and how we define hot fishing is different. I'm sorry if you felt I was belittling your fishing prowess, far from it. Obviously you are slaying them out there, I just wish more guys were sharing your experience. All the best to you, and I hope your fishing continues to be on fire.
I am taking it personal. yesterday I saw lots of boats on at the same time at 1 point we saw 5 guys around us with fish on.... I'm not doubting some guys are having a tough year but this has also not been the same as past years at sandheads... ive been fishing for 4 years now and have been catching fish very consistently and have had many limiting out days with multiple people on board. I guess what I'm saying is that maybe some people are trying the same old thing and not adapting and trying something different... my go to lures last year are not the same as this year my depths yesterday weren't the same today... guide boats are producing, my friends boats are producing. pretty sure ive read a couple reports on here in last bit that even fishing magician said it was on fire. I'm still a rookie but if its on fire for me and a few others then we must be doing something different then the rest that are complaining no fish around and 1 fish days etc I'm out like most guys just on the weekends. anyways thanks for the apology and take care

I am taking it personal. yesterday I saw lots of boats on at the same time at 1 point we saw 5 guys around us with fish on.... I'm not doubting some guys are having a tough year but this has also not been the same as past years at sandheads... ive been fishing for 4 years now and have been catching fish very consistently and have had many limiting out days with multiple people on board. I guess what I'm saying is that maybe some people are trying the same old thing and not adapting and trying something different... my go to lures last year are not the same as this year my depths yesterday weren't the same today... guide boats are producing, my friends boats are producing. pretty sure ive read a couple reports on here in last bit that even fishing magician said it was on fire. I'm still a rookie but if its on fire for me and a few others then we must be doing something different then the rest that are complaining no fish around and 1 fish days etc I'm out like most guys just on the weekends. anyways thanks for the apology and take care
Good on you. Some people just aren't fishermen but it sounds like you are a natural.

Fished Sandheads for the afternoon flood; 230 - 530.
Was rather lumpy, as I was heading out three plus boats heading in; think I counted five of us out there.
Was fishing chovies on both sides, was fishing in the 150 to 250 of water, varying depths 30-90...came out with an empty box; might give it one last go next Sunday if the weather cooperates...then boat goes up for sale; caught the "two footitis"

Was out for the afternoon at Sandheads in the washing machine as someone else said lol got 3 coho one hatch a beauty just over 13 lbs i seen one other fish caught that looked decent size. But i was paying more attention to our routes .got mine on chovys all at 39 feet .

Well, everybodys opinions are right on here...because we are all speaking to our own experiences. As for this fall, being on fire has been a limited experience to just a few people.

What we should all be doing on here, rather than debating definition and reference #itsonfire, we should be looking forward to mid or end of the week when it really does get on fire out there for Harrison fish....not Cap fish.

I am going to work on making sure that I am standing at wicket cashing in when it does finally light up...as in double digits for everyone when they show at Sandheads
Fished Sandheads for the afternoon flood; 230 - 530.
Was rather lumpy, as I was heading out three plus boats heading in; think I counted five of us out there.
Was fishing chovies on both sides, was fishing in the 150 to 250 of water, varying depths 30-90...came out with an empty box; might give it one last go next Sunday if the weather cooperates...then boat goes up for sale; caught the "two footitis"

Thats awesome , I will have to say that I have been on most of the guide boats localy and hired them through Sewells for clients. Some of my clients are seasoned fishermen so give me good details of their trips. I also have fished beside a few of the top dogs out at Sandheads, I think you should let them know what you are doing because unless my clients are lying to me they are not doing well at all.

Had a quick op to fish 1-3 at N.arm today. One to the deck, and lost a gooder at the tide line. Lumpy out there for sure. Heard a decent bite over at the bell at the same time.
69' on chovies

Last edited:
Thats awesome , I will have to say that I have been on most of the guide boats localy and hired them through Sewells for clients. Some of my clients are seasoned fishermen so give me good details of their trips. I also have fished beside a few of the top dogs out at Sandheads, I think you should let them know what you are doing because unless my clients are lying to me they are not doing well at all.
Blah blah blah same old story ever wonder why lots of the old members on sfbc don't post reports anymore ?

Had a quick op to fish 1-3 at N.arm today. One to the deck, and lost a gooder at the tide line. Lumpy out there for sure. Heard a decent bite over at the bell at the same time.
69' on chovies

Would be nice to see some fish up top instead of having to deal with the seals down south. I've been pretty lucky not getting sealed so far but have exercised a few at a real fast troll trying to shake them off. I wonder if those are Capilano whites you're intercepting.

Went by sandheads and looked at combat fishing and said no way on saterday. Booted over to polier. Only 3 boats there saw one on when we got there. Didnt see a net come out. Did see alot of seals out every time we check our lines. 5 years old with us got his first saltwater fish.... So he was excited

Attachments

• V__0A35.jpg
    V__0A35.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 96
Would be nice to see some fish up top instead of having to deal with the seals down south. I've been pretty lucky not getting sealed so far but have exercised a few at a real fast troll trying to shake them off. I wonder if those are Capilano whites you're intercepting.

I typically pick up a bite or two at the north arm. The one to the deck was a bright red hatch. All of my Fraser catches since Mid Aug have been Reds. Not a white yet. Saw one or two seals. Good fish still coming from the Sunshine coast, Bell/QA/Narm should see some fish from both directions. Will be trying again tomorrow eve.

Is it possible for a guy to have some great days fishing in Vancouver and post here about it in the " Vancouver Reports" thread without people questioning whether or not he's being truthful or not or questioning the definition of hot fishing? WOW. No wonder people don't post reports anymore, absolutely brutal. It's a reports thread ...

I didn't get to go fishing on the weekend and am sitting in my office on a sunny day ... can someone please just post some salmon pictures for someone suffering from withdrawal.

I didn't get to go fishing on the weekend and am sitting in my office on a sunny day ... can someone please just post some salmon pictures for someone suffering from withdrawal.
IMGP3781_zps9qgi7zt5.jpg

Is it possible for a guy to have some great days fishing in Vancouver and post here about it in the " Vancouver Reports" thread without people questioning whether or not he's being truthful or not or questioning the definition of hot fishing? WOW. No wonder people don't post reports anymore, absolutely brutal. It's a reports thread ...

I was by no means questioning anyones truthfulness, I am refering to the general fishing conditions this year as I know them from my eperience along with my friends and charters I have paid for. That is a report as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back