OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishing Bell down to T10 would only put u in the Banana if you were fishing in like 50' or less water. I haven't seen many boats do that. Have you had much luck fishing in shallow depths?

Tight in to that mud/sand can be outstanding fishing in that shallow water but then again... Lol

Awesome, glad to hear you got into some. I've been thinking of using the smaller size Tom Mac spoons. I was thinking about using the 3" size in a half & half. With all the talk of the small bait on the west coast I was thinking they might be used to the smaller size forage this season. I'm an old school fisher quite often, so I still have a good assortment of Tom Mack's. You can't beat the old metal at times. I was thinking of washing my old Canadian Wonder spoons as well.

Glad to hear you had a good day out there. Bravo
Krippled k, orange/chrome, unreal for coho, pink,sockeye... Had to re-shape my last one and re drill the hole for split ring and hook, it was thoroughly abused...
West van killer

Krippled k, orange/chrome, unreal for coho, pink,sockeye... Had to re-shape my last one and re drill the hole for split ring and hook, it was thoroughly abused...
West van killer

Ya the TKO spoons are kind of a reasonable knock off of the original Kripple K, but nothing beats the original orange and chrome. Sadly, I'm down to only a few of the less desirable Kripple k originals now.

Guess I should put my kripple k collection up for sale

I'm sure you're joking, but a lot of the older fishers in the know would pay real good money for the original spoons. The plating on old spoons made in the USA and Canada just can't be compared to the crap they're producing today.

Well I hope some guys get out there and get some fish this weekend. I'm thinking this might be a day I make my girlfriend happy and take here out in the boat tubing and boarding instead of the chuck. She's getting a little tired of the endless trolling with little action in the chuck in these parts. So, maybe I'll do a little fishing in Alouette Lake for a change of scenery.

Good luck on the chuck.

That nw wind looks like it's going to be a factor for the foreseeable future.

Yes it does, that's why I just figured I'd make the GF happy with a day on a lake for a change. Fish are small, but plentiful and easy to catch.

Does anyone have the coordinates for the closed areas (29-6, 29-7, 29-9, 29-10)? The DFO notice does not reference them & my searches haven't uncovered them. Just want to plug them into my plotter to avoid any guesswork. I tried calling the number referenced in the notice but it goes immediately to voice mail. Thanks.

Does anyone have the coordinates for the closed areas (29-6, 29-7, 29-9, 29-10)? The DFO notice does not reference them & my searches haven't uncovered them. Just want to plug them into my plotter to avoid any guesswork. I tried calling the number referenced in the notice but it goes immediately to voice mail. Thanks.

I think EVERY number at DFO goes directly to voicemail.....especially Barb who is noted on the notices. ;)

Hopefully this helps. Although this is just 29-10....looking at the second image it shouldn't be too hard to plot it out.

Banana Coords- GQ.jpg

Banana Image.jpg

Cool - thanks Pippen. I figured I should at least try calling the number to see what would happen :). A buddy of mine who is much more savvy than me in searching up this info provided me the following link - it provides all of the coordinates for every area. Not sure why DFO doesn't provide this link in their notices given they presumably will ticket anyone who violates the designated boundaries.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2007-77/page-3.html#h-7

Fished bell, around corner past north arm this morning. Stayed in about 150+ feet of water. Nada. Ripped over to Pt Atkinson and trolled to pink apartments. Couple hits, nothing stuck. Both hits on a white UV jughead nano squirt behind a moon jelly flasher. Hits came at Bo Horvat and Dave Babych.

I think EVERY number at DFO goes directly to voicemail.....especially Barb who is noted on the notices. ;)

Hopefully this helps. Although this is just 29-10....looking at the second image it shouldn't be too hard to plot it out.

View attachment 29015

Kinda obvious I suppose but just thought I'd point out this description above of 29-10 ( see attachement) misses the western border. The last bit of text was missed which is ....

"then to the beginning point"

Only one dog for me on Sunday. Maybe speed up .5mph. Dog fish are slow/ lazy and are more opportunist feeders. Imho
Thanks for the tip
Yeah we tried speeding up around 2.5-2.8 from 2.1 knots
Seem to slow them down a bit
Maybe should learn to skin those little sharks cause I have heard they are tasty done correctly

Can someone please clarify what you guys mean when you refer to the Banna.

Gawrsh... There's so many keyboard kaptains here it's hard to find a feller who needs some help! I'll do the thin'in 'round here!

Take your chart, draw a line from the Sandheads light NORTH to the Iona Light. Keep your tub west of that line and you're not fishing in the banana! T-10 is west of this line too Bobba Looey!

Olay!!

Gawrsh... There's so many keyboard kaptains here it's hard to find a feller who needs some help! I'll do the thin'in 'round here!

Take your chart, draw a line from the Sandheads light NORTH to the Iona Light. Keep your tub west of that line and you're not fishing in the banana! T-10 is west of this line too Bobba Looey!

Olay!!

Incorrect. The line is from sand head light station to the north arm jetty.

Fished Sandheads today. Pretty sad when it's mid August on a sunny Friday afternoon and you are THE ONLY BOAT at sandheads. Trolled there for a couple hours then trolled back up toward the North arm for 3 hours. One pollock, one 8 inch coho.

Incorrect. The line is from sand head light station to the north arm jetty.

Fished Sandheads today. Pretty sad when it's mid August on a sunny Friday afternoon and you are THE ONLY BOAT at sandheads.

Sanheads is closed as of Thursday night. Maybe that's why you were the only boat out there.

Just read the Pacific Angler Friday report, can't remember a report that was that bad.....ever. Should we expect to see a whole lot of fish showing up in the next few weeks??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back