OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Sandheads dead slow. 2 shakers. One good hit missed. 2-3 ft Waves. No rain now. But dark clouds moving in from sw.

I think the pinks were early this year. I think they're already up the river. I noticed that too. I've only caught 1 pink this year.

It has slowed however I think there will still be some Pinks to be caught over next couple weeks. I have hooked a lot over the past month and some as early as last weekend in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished the bell yesterday. Went 2 for 4 on chinook. Biggest was 16.5.lb. Dead today. Went off Iona and nailed a 14lb at 83 feet Trolled up to t10 and now back towards N arm. Nothing to show for it. Wind has really picked up.with 2 to 3 foot swells. Very big black clouds to the south!

Lots of boats fishing the Cap area today. Any reports on how it is?

I don't think I've ever fished the Cap area this late before. Are there still coho and springs hanging around? Or we're they just trying to fish in calmer waters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trolled back to N arm. Landed 3 Chinook and 3 pinks. Had a triple header of 2 chinook and a pink.. still pretty rough out here though!

Ambleside was dead today. Like 4 boats out. Nothing jumping, which for me means very low coho numbers. Understandable since the capilano started flowing 2 days ago. Actually, I did see ONE jumper.

Had one spring or large coho to the side of the boat, the did the early release. A bait check later revealed a clean salmon mouth shaped bite mark out of the belly.

I'm not sure if it's females only though, but I've definitely noticed the bling getting dinged when chovies are on one side.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If anyone is out....keep an eye open as there were reports of water spouts earlier today. Not sure if the news had verified that for certain but just thought I'd mention.

Was out at Bell B. this morning. Slow action but managed to land one 10lb ish. We did see the start of some waterspouts towards Bowen Island but they didn't touch the water. They were pretty cool looking

Back