OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Seems to have slowed a bit in Pender harbour area. Lots of hours dragging everything in the box. Managed 2 11 lbs on Thursday late tide and a couple 16's yesterday afternoon tide. All at Epsom.

Found it has slowed down too. Tried a little of everything except herring, will try today. took a 12 on a spoon in the morning at south end of texada, then a 19 at quarry bay for the afternoon change. both came from 200+, much deeper than we usually find them and close to the bottom. what was working for you filletandrelease?

Seems to have slowed a bit in Pender harbour area. Lots of hours dragging everything in the box. Managed 2 11 lbs on Thursday late tide and a couple 16's yesterday afternoon tide. All at Epsom.
Mighta had something to do with the pod of orcas feeding in the area last week. I've had fantastic fishing the last cpl notes.

Anybody out on the water in English Bay? Point Atkinson is showing 13 knots. I'm assuming it's lumpy?

Just a heads up from yesterday. Quiet thru the day......lost a couple hit and runs but all in all, pretty slow with a slight bite turning on mid-afternoon. I jumped on a float plane at 5:30 and the boys were back out on the water and managed a few late day yesterday. That was despite a rather notably large pod of Orcas coming by the 'Rock' as we were flying home; a few of the boats right at the rock got a pretty good show as we were circling in a plane above.

I believe the fish hit late day yesterday were plastic or spoons.

NO Pollock/cod at all thru the day either. As mentioned earlier....Grande was lumpy in the morning but man did the seas lie down for a beautiful afternoon.

Good luck out there fellas......sadly I am in wedding mode today and it's paining me not to be with all the boys on the 'other' side.

Just got a message from the guys....and there are a number of boats over there and reports from 3 say it's quiet. Water has calmed down and they're working the Grande now with nothing but a couple shakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great reports guys!

Wow Bone Man awesome pics and beauty Springs! Yup I was thinking of going over that way but we had our room booked on the Gabriola side so stuck with that plan..
Planning on an Epson trip for Monday. Hope the fish are still there then! :)

Anybody know any places to stay for the night over by Epson where I can get to by boat access and tie the boat up for the night? Or may just have to stay on the boat for the night at the marina is also an option.

Anybody over at Garbriola today? Reports?

Dead dead and deader
Only heard of a couple taken, radio silence was deafening, water was snotty off and on all day too

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Great reports guys!

Wow Bone Man awesome pics and beauty Springs! Yup I was thinking of going over that way but we had our room booked on the Gabriola side so stuck with that plan..
Planning on an Epson trip for Monday. Hope the fish are still there then! :)

Anybody know any places to stay for the night over by Epson where I can get to by boat access and tie the boat up for the night? Or may just have to stay on the boat for the night at the marina is also an option.

Try Bucaneer Marina for moorage. Ph-604-885-7888. They also sell live herring $5/dozen. PM me if you want a bit further info on the fishing over there.

Fished thrasher this AM , heading back now. Dead slow for us and didn't see any other nets out. Focused on Ling for a hour and a bit and managed to get our limit with some work , all nice 15- 25 lbers and managed a 30 + that we released on squid. All in all a gorgeous morning and nice to get some blood on the new wagon!

Fished thrasher this morning, nothing offshore nothing close in. Pretty dead all around, managed on 10lb ling but I think the population has been decimated as we had to work pretty hard to even get bite.

Capt

No Salmon for us at Thrasher, Lingcod are getting big pressure by everyone including guides as there as few salmon to be caught.

Same as others, thrasher fishing slow, also tried the hump for a couple hours and a troll threw tunstal, not even a hit.

Dead for us also,fished the hole, Cowan pt and gower pt thus weekend. No keepers 4 under size today at gower pt. Prawning was pretty good as was crabbing.

Fished The Gap this morning. Caught one barely-illegal One hour before low tide just off the bottom in 120 feet on Irish Crème and my trusty Bon Chovy flasher off Gower Point. Also had a big hit and run with the same set up but lost the fish soon after in 160 feet in the gap on 120' of wire. Beauty day out there.

Dead for us also,fished the hole, Cowan pt and gower pt thus weekend. No keepers 4 under size today at gower pt. Prawning was pretty good as was crabbing.

Yes, right between there. If you were out there today you might have seen me in a blue and white Campion (same as Clintr's) with 45hp Honda.

Back