OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Just in from the West Van shoreline in English Bay. It's windy and choppy! Caught one undersize before family obligations cut my time short.

I forgot to mention earlier; the water in Howe Sound today is amazingly, unusually clear today. Like tropical waters clear this morning. A beautiful day on the water.

Thanks for the updates Pineapple Express. Watching closely to see how things are developing off west Van. I hope to get out tomorrow for a test run with the new just installed sonar/GPS. (Has a small piece of dust/debris between LCD and main screen out of box..crap) I rarely get two rods down solo, but wifey may come and steer while I drop both.
I'll report if I get out. Man did the wind pick up this aft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit choppy lol

Attachments

• IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 586
doing a little surfing eh Dan:p hard to keep a consistent troll speed I bet

Ill be up at the north end of the sunshine coast on saturday for a week and was wondering how the fishing is say around quarry bay or area. Also what type of gear is working? Thanks

33b8184026439d9e5bb638be32465ae8.jpg

If any members on here lost this at west van this morning and want it back let me know. It came up on my downrigger line.

nice and shinny
bet it was lost by a sail boater or someone not using riggers

was it rigged up as per layout ????

Ill be up at the north end of the sunshine coast on saturday for a week and was wondering how the fishing is say around quarry bay or area. Also what type of gear is working? Thanks

Quarry bay has been great but got skunked there yesterday. Pretty nasty water though so hard to hit it right. Francis point had fish yesterday but I didn't get one. If you are here for the week I'd do quarry, Epsom and Bjerre shoal. Can't go wrong with chovies and purple.

Just got back from the Silva Bay Derby, Fishing was beyond slow for us, hours of trolling with nothing except a few shakers. high winds and rough seas made the fishing difficult and not much fun. Unless the reports change that will be our last trip over this year

Fished just yesterday at silva bay derby as winds were hard on us. We did manage a few bites including this one that weighed in around 4th place at the time. Down deep with 4" spoons and chovies. image.jpg

Bit choppy lol

Agreed SteelyDan. We bounced ourselves out from rocky point to the lions gate. Had a look out into the bay at the yacht's pounding through the waves and headed back home for the slower pounding scenic ride. 17" so no use in risking it on father day.
Had to pull a rental kayak guy out of the water at rocky point as he flipped over in the wind..

Fished HITW today. Not one bite but saw so much bait boiling at surface. Like thousands of needle or anchovies

Spent two days fishing gabriola for the derby. Very gnarly water made it hard to fish but we pounded it out and got a few fish. Landed a 10 and a nice keeper ling the first day. Today we picked up two just short of 16 and released a keeper. Fish hit chovy and pesca spoon in tight between grande and thrasher.

Back