OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

this little graphic is quite hilarious .... not sure how I got it but I may have been sent it by a 'good buddy' with reference to the overly generous size of my mouth !

View attachment 17193
haha good one,
looks like my prawning spot that I divulged to someone a while back

haha good one,
looks like my prawning spot that I divulged to someone a while back

No fair, you never told me !!!

Ok I think this might be well into a derail of the Van reports and could be considered my fault re my post several back explaining why I might have been vague about some reporting or a specific spot ( another called the thread secretive). Its an interesting topic so I think I will attempt to move this to another location in the saltwater forum ( if anyone cares to continue more thoughts on the ' why a secret " topic I'll move it over there when I get a chance)

Chinook/spring/King salmon caught at Hole in the Wall.....130' over 500'.....Wonderbread spoon behind I believe a purple haze (old school) flasher tasted wonderful this evening. It WAS part of the aforementioned double header....bonked with a rubber mallet....in flip flops, in sunshine, and fought like a much bigger fish. :D

Those Kings caught this time of the year....although scrappy but not large are SUCH GOOD table fare when cooked FRESH. Cooked very simply.....amazing flavour.

Thanks for pointing that out WildThing

No disrespect good fishing.
but really these reports should be in the Powell river reports
as it 40-60+ miles up the coast one way and no one is running that far from town' Vancouver '

WildThing you are right! I just Google mapped it and you are indeed correct, Quarry Bay at nelson island is in fact 37.44km from Sechelt and 37.14km from Powell River. So technically its closer to Powell river. We need more people like you policing this kind stuff, Thank You!. I personally thought the pictures were a nice addition to all the brilliant chatter:)

P.S. Quarry Bay is 87km or 54mph from the burrard street bridge. Thats less than 2 hrs in most boats, don't be scared, it's fun!.:p

WildThing you are right! I just Google mapped it and you are indeed correct, Quarry Bay at nelson island is in fact 37.44km from Sechelt and 37.14km from Powell River. So technically its closer to Powell river. We need more people like you policing this kind stuff, Thank You!. I personally thought the pictures were a nice addition to all the brilliant chatter:)

P.S. Quarry Bay is 87km or 54mph from the burrard street bridge. Thats less than 2 hrs in most boats, don't be scared, it's fun!.:p

I am actually moving from Powell River down to the lower Sunshine Coast. I'm hoping to have the boat moored in or around Secret Cove so I can start a new reports thread called "in the middle of the sunshine coast"

Haha The forum gets me going in the morning and pretty funny at times ;) .... Let the season begin :cool: Fish on !!

Hit one good one friday between QA and Hump, heading out today...
Yesterday brought my Dad out and tried to get out the Hump from Harbour but wind was brutal from the west, gave up with a mile or two to go. Turned and started trolling east with the wind at our back. Within minutes 12lb red on and landed 3.5" irish cream around 100'. Reset with only one rod and 15min later got into a screamer, rapped my knuckles a couple times then gone. Too rough so picked up and hit Hole In The Wall with a couple other boats already there. Marked fish 150' down to 260' but no takers after a couple hours. Wind died down so back out between QA and Hump again long after the low slack, 10 mins in 20lb white hooked and landed with bait same depth again. Easy limits with one crab trap and thats a day!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually moving from Powell River down to the lower Sunshine Coast. I'm hoping to have the boat moored in or around Secret Cove so I can start a new reports thread called "in the middle of the sunshine coast"

yep if you can get to secret cove you will prob be on the best fishing on the coast
as epsom pt and anderson bay are a stones throw and just about the best slabs are caught up there

Yesterday brought my Dad out and tried to get out the Hump from Harbour but wind was brutal from the west, gave up with a mile or two to go. Turned and started trolling east with the wind at our back. Within minutes 12lb red on and landed 3.5" irish cream around 100'. Reset with only one rod and 15min later got into a screamer, rapped my knuckles a couple times then gone. Too rough so picked up and hit Hole In The Wall with a couple other boats already there. Marked fish 150' down to 260' but no takers after a couple hours. Wind died down so back out between QA and Hump again long after the low slack, 10 mins in 20lb white hooked and landed with bait same depth again. Easy limits with one crab trap and thats a day!

Good going and a just reward for hanging in there with all that wind!

I think anytime you can get out there is worth a shot, although we've done well on the low slack many times.

I was out Monday afternoon and got a 25lbs in the first 5-10 min in 140' and at 120 on the rigger in Sechelt inlet white spring.

Back