O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

I'll be out I hope, looks like all my upgrades, repairs and maintenence is finished:cool:
Scotty whats your ride?

Since some of you don't frequent the Conservation section of the forum, I thought I'd post this here as well. It's about the saltwater fishery so fits here too:

[F_ApX5twtSE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ApX5twtSE

Hey there Hookinup, I'm in a Trophy hardtop, I sent you a message earlier regarding your reels. Call you tomorrow!

Fishing the Bell Buoy for the last 2 hours. 3 undersize and 4 shakers so far. It just stopped raining....
40' Searay Sundancer Blue Sides, white Hardtop... They have pilled like 8 traps in the last 2 hours....and still crabbing. They should be limited a few times by now...they are of the "richmond Persuasion"

So Call THE FEDS or at least some one ! POACHIN BIG TIME MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF THEM ! These guys r there all the time, lots of traps go missing too.

So Call THE FEDS or at least some one ! POACHIN BIG TIME MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF THEM ! These guys r there all the time, lots of traps go missing too.

Called ORR. fisheries is based in Steveston, they told me they would "pass it on"
11 miles, 22 return to investigate. They're not going to check this out. Boat is still here...wtf.

Finally boated a 9 pound little un .

Went and fished Tunsil yesterday. It was pretty snotty out first thing in the morning but turned out to be a beauty day. We caught 1 just undersized and had 2 fish on that felt pretty decent but lost them. We were marking tons of bait and that's where we got our bites. Talked to 2 boats out there, one had one keeper and lost 2. The other boat lost 3, so everyone had their chance at some fish. Picked up our crab traps on the way home and got 6 nice keepers

If the Feds don't do their job some hooligan is going to take of business..

It's like a hockey game... if the Feds (referee) can't control the game (crabbing grounds) then someone like Sestito will take of business and take it out of the referee's hands.

MY 2 C.

Just a little reminder, have your traps clearly MARKED as DFO is actively pulling and confiscating improperly or unmarked traps
they were seen up deep cove way in their RIB with 20 or so traps piled up in front and checking others
there is a current thread going on it over on BCFR, so maybe there isnt as much theft going on as some may believe
I personally know mine are clearly marked and I just yesterday remarked some faded out ones,
I do see alot that do not have the correct info on them so I would suggest you dont leave yourselves open to that

Trap Trolls

Fishing the Bell Buoy for the last 2 hours. 3 undersize and 4 shakers so far. It just stopped raining....
40' Searay Sundancer Blue Sides, white Hardtop... They have pilled like 8 traps in the last 2 hours....and still crabbing. They should be limited a few times by now...they are of the "richmond Persuasion"

Please provide the Boat ID number next time so others can make efforts to investigate...have to start somewhere.

Please provide the Boat ID number next time so others can make efforts to investigate...have to start somewhere.

You'll know it when you see it...that simple. I called ORR. They didn't respond. You can't miss this boat. It's a newer boat.

Fished the hump today got into a nice 12-14lber at 180' using a 4"kitchen sink with a purple onion flasher. Got the fish at high slack other then that not a sniff.
gezujuba.jpg

we went out rainy saturday for some prawning and a little fishing while they soaked.
set traps then ran over to east side of Bowen and dragged a couple fav spoons along copper mine and Cowen's for nothing ,
no feed , no birds , no seals , NO FISH.
after a few hours ran back and pulled traps for a mediocre pull.
While we were pulling last trap a couple guys ran up to us to warn us of a Large Searay with 9 Asian guys in it pulling traps. He lives there and saw them and got photos and ran to his boat and we saw him roar by us . when he got back to his gear and to us to warn us he says he got pics of them and the boat and ID and is going to POST it.
I think the best thing is to find out where its moored and let what ever happens happen ....
hey, theres that searay blowing lots of blue smoke , wonder why?

Was out yesterday at Tunstall for the high tide. Fished it hard for about 2.5 hours without a sniff. About 10 boats working the area including several guide boats. Heard of one legal being caught and one undersize. Tried the waterfall and even out on hump for a bit with only a shaker to show for it, after that. Did finish the day with some crabs and prawns. By the sounds of it, I was lucky to still have my traps!

Back