O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Hey Guy, yes their still here getting a little uglier, we only got 1 on Tuesday but I watched other guys catch which isn't frustrating at all lol. Fished Wednesday for a little redemption lucky it was flat calm so I could find a good school of biting finners and jumpers, only took an hour after I found it for us too limit out, too bad the big dog was the first fish in the morning before we found the biting sockeye school lol. Lots of fish still showing on the sounder just gotta find the biters.
Cheers and good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 677
Right on thanks Dave and Scott, back at it tomorrow to wash some gear and put a few in the box with some luck I hope.

Neither of the two or the space in between. ;)

haha hard to tell with that camera angle of the background ... hmmm , nice fatty slab of a chromer .. Sox are jumping in full force but i agree gotta find the biters ,fishing away from the seiners was much better ..fish were less spooked maybe .pretty insane the amount of fish that gets scooped up in one set . Cheers

haha hard to tell with that camera angle of the background ... hmmm , nice fatty slab of a chromer ..

Ya....I would have thought the background would be pretty easy to figure out as one of the busier spots to fish this time of year. :p Hardly a secret. ;)

Smaller herring about 5-5.5" or so....chartreuse kinetic flasher to a newer teaser head...or at least my first time running it. Looks like a green/yellow chrome army truck head.

How deep were you? Which direction were you trolling? Were you eating a banana at the time? ;)

How deep were you? Which direction were you trolling? Were you eating a banana at the time? ;)

94.3' (bottom at the time)....west....blackened chicken wrap....and Collective Soul playing on Sirius radio.

Flip flops, my old Helly Hansen shorts, Kaenon sunglasses.....shirt by Quiksilver. ;)

Ya....I would have thought the background would be pretty easy to figure out as one of the busier spots to fish this time of year. :p Hardly a secret. ;)

The pic was all I needed to decide which of the 2 river mouths to fish this weekend.

Thank you kindly for the tip and nice TYEE!!

The pic was all I needed to decide which of the 2 river mouths to fish this weekend.

Thank you kindly for the tip and nice TYEE!!

Ya.....just be forewarned it WILL be a sh*tshow in front of there tomorrow. Sox in the chuck can be busy.....but the mouth of that river on a Sat/Sun in September is what I envision sox fishing to be like up river. ;)

omg! Mutant sockeye! Adam's boy mixed in. how big was that one? biggest I saw personally was 16lbs caught by my father in law about 10 years ago.

Looks like the seiners will be out there all weekend too. Anybody think it will be worth going out to the river mouth (Fraser, that is;)) for whatever might be left?

Looks like the seiners will be out there all weekend too. Anybody think it will be worth going out to the river mouth (Fraser, that is;)) for whatever might be left?

Yup.....better than sitting at home. Should be plenty still out there given that they bumped up the commies catch. Just get out there early tomorrow. ;)

Don't forget there are springs and ho's out there. :p

Yup.....better than sitting at home. Should be plenty still out there given that they bumped up the commies catch. Just get out there early tomorrow. ;)

Don't forget there are springs and ho's out there. :p

The commies are all supposed to have recesitation tanks for those unfortunate chinooks and coho's that get caught up in those nets, i see as well.
I wonder if it might be advantageous to troll sox in English Bay given that people have reported seeing them out there, as I assume there proabbaly won't be purse seiners amongst the freighters.

Back