O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Well this may sound kind of the same but any way .....
Wednesday started at North arm 7 am ..... worked south picking up bagging and loosing the odd Sox ......slow it seemed. Finally got to the South Arm and finished up. Started there, Thursday morning with a nice sea, got out of there by 11 :30 with almost four foot swells chasing lots out of the fishing grounds, just one short of our limits.

Same ol for me, pink, red orange and silver on dummies and rod set ups, 55 to 120 range for depth as said, had to work harder for em.

good luck everyone

HT

Launched at Rocky Point at 7 but ran into heavy fog. Tied up at Cates Park for 2 hours and waited until things cleared. Hit the North Arm area at 1015. Caught 2 nice sockeyes at 65 and 95. Then got into 2 beauty springs, 15 and 20 pounds. Water was rough but catching some nice fish was worth fighting the conditions.

Joining the club

image.jpgFished 9-4 yesterday starting between the north arm and t10 slow start with one sockeye the first hour, moved south a few miles past the t10 until we saw some jumpers. Hit my first 31lb Tyee at 115 in 140' water. Glad it was not the weekend because the way it ran we probably would have lost it tangled in someone else's gear.
Slow after that so we headed down to sand heads where there were sockeye jumping everywhere. Unfortunately we didn't start getting bites until around 1 then boxed 6 more sockeye at 110'.

Feels Great to get my first Tyee!!

Congratulations Crow !!! I'll never forget catching my first Tyee, it's a great feeling. Did it take it on Sockeye gear ?

fished the late afternoon/evening bite today. Have never seen so many jumpers...they rolled in at sunset off sandheads. If you are out in the morning it should be great.

Me though....still can't buy a bite of consistency with these bloody sox....

View attachment 13889Fished 9-4 yesterday starting between the north arm and t10 slow start with one sockeye the first hour, moved south a few miles past the t10 until we saw some jumpers. Hit my first 31lb Tyee at 115 in 140' water. Glad it was not the weekend because the way it ran we probably would have lost it tangled in someone else's gear.
Slow after that so we headed down to sand heads where there were sockeye jumping everywhere. Unfortunately we didn't start getting bites until around 1 then boxed 6 more sockeye at 110'.

Feels Great to get my first Tyee!!

Welcome to the club Crow, Cocktails on me next time we cross paths

Went out this morning, turned around 1/3 of the way down the river from Steveston. Snotty!! Lots of jumpers in the river as well as on from the Lions Gate apparently. Get a distress alarm on the radio.

Went out this morning, turned around 1/3 of the way down the river from Steveston. Snotty!! Lots of jumpers in the river as well as on from the Lions Gate apparently. Get a distress alarm on the radio.
Distress alarm on the radio??? What does this mean? You got a distress call on your radio or buy a radio with a distress alarm?

Do you think the water conditions will improve tomorrow?

Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo: Forecast

Winds
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 05 September 2014

Tonight and Saturday

"Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots except northwest 15 to 20 near Vancouver Island overnight and Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to light Saturday afternoon."

Going to be sloppy out there tomorrow morning, I'm going for the afternoon/evening run!

Distress alarm on the radio??? What does this mean? You got a distress call on your radio or buy a radio with a distress alarm?

Sorry, should have been "got" a distress alarm. My VHF's alarm went off while I was out there then I heard the CG on 16 talking about someone who jumped off the Lions Gate bridge. I guess someone close to the bridge hit their distress button, I've never heard my radio do that before.

I'm thinking Sunday morning might be the best weather opportunity?

Congratulations Crow !!! I'll never forget catching my first Tyee, it's a great feeling. Did it take it on Sockeye gear ?

That's right Nooky sockeye gear, my third chinook on that gear in 4 outings.

Back