O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, ended today off at 1030 am with 12 in the boat, triple header for the first time and not one damn fish in the net. Gong show on our own! I do agree if there's more then one of you on the boat then someone should be looking were the f--k you are going. Even if you are a guide! Bon Voyage Chovy! That was a close one! I think your customers tried to hop on!

For anyone wondering or complaining about trolling conduct, please refer to the new "fishing colreg's" thread in the General Open Forum.

Has it been as good in the evenings too?

I have fished this run a dozen days and landed almost 70 Sockeyes so far. Only fished two evenings and both times got skunked including last night. Its probably just me as some others have hit fish. Just saying.

Was out only for 1.5 hours last night at sun down right around the mouth of the north arm. Hooked 3, but lost all 3 at the side of the boat! Found some good schools in 80ft of water, jumpers everywhere. Michael Bait squirts with red chrome/glow flashers.

Was out on Saturday. Lines in the water at T-10 around 11am, spent an hour there with nothing happening. Went down to Sand Heads and got a fish after about an hour at 90' on the downrigger. Michael Bait squirt behind a green onion flasher. Action seemed slow for all the boats around us.

We decided to troll some spoons for a chinook and fairly quickly hooked a bigger sockeye! That was on a Coyote 4.0 no bananas spoon.

We spent our last hour trolling towards the T-10 in about 80' of water. The sounder was glowing with schools of fish and there were jumpers everywhere, but we couldn't get them to bite.

Beautiful weather on the water but a frustrating day with little action. Seems like the trick is to get there early I guess.

Total hit and miss for my boat over the past 4 days. Most sessions where 4-5hrs and in 3 trips we got at least 1 fish each time. One trip we got limits at the north arm within 1.5hr (12 fish) and the other two we were working hard but getting nada. I agree with Tightlines22 that the morning has generally been more consistent, even tho our quick tub-out was an evening fish. There have been some long (several hr) stretches out there over the past few days where I haven't seen a fish on and I've been within eyesight of 50-100 boats at times so it's clearly not just me who is frustrated from time to time out there. The weather this past weekend was amazing so that made the slow times fishing not quite as bad. When it's flat calm and sunny it's tough to beat a day on the water... fish or no fish.

I'll be out again tomorrow morn if the weather is nice. The massive numbers should be showing up now/soon so I'm sure those 'tough' days fishing won't be around for long. After 2 of the past 3 outings resulted in 1 or 2 sox only I'm starting to wonder if I only remember the 2010 days where things were on fire... as a true fisherman often does ;)

Worked hard for my 4 this morning. It was lumpy out at the sandheads and I was with a 10 year old so not much help. Lol They were good size though 8-9 lbs

Will the commies be at North Arm as well? I remember them cleaning out Sandheads in 2010. Want to head out tomorrow am, but wondering if its worth it.

Fished the sandheads saturday and sunday. Seemed like the bite was on and off. One minute id have a double header and the next thing u know its dead for 3 hours. Landed 10 and lost atleast 7. Total of 3 double headers including one of them saturday morning just 10 minutes after dropping the lines. My net wasnt put together for that double and of course in the chaos of it all i broke it so that was a gong show but lwas lucky enough to land both. All in all it seems like things picked up big time from last weekend. Saw atleast 50 fish hooked at one point on sunday in about a 30 minute period.

Was a great day yesterday had the grand kids my son and son inlaw on the boat none of them had ever caught a salmon
We ended up with 10 socks and a 20lb white spring
Grandpa was working hard running gear for four rods and cleaning fish and letting the others take turns reeling them in . Got some good video lots of chaos
Ran a Irish cream spoon and a pink squirt on one side caught the spring on the squirt
Was about a half mile or so west of the T10 in 320 ft of water fished from 7:30 - 2:00
Great day to live in BC

Was a great day yesterday had the grand kids my son and son inlaw on the boat none of them had ever caught a salmon
We ended up with 10 socks and a 20lb white spring
Grandpa was working hard running gear for four rods and cleaning fish and letting the others take turns reeling them in . Got some good video lots of chaos
Ran a Irish cream spoon and a pink squirt on one side caught the spring on the squirt
Was about a half mile or so west of the T10 in 320 ft of water fished from 7:30 - 2:00
Great day to live in BC

Way to go Gramps....
you gave them a memory to last their lifetime.
Good for you.

Will be out tomorrow evening likely starting at the North Arm as reports seem to be fairly good there.

Any reports from today/this evening?

Back