O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Anyone know if there's any fish in Howe Sound yet? Looking to head out Friday either Bowen or Hole in the wall.

We're headed out to Thrasher Saturday morning; although, it sounds as if it's slowed down a bit? Anyone know the best time to fish that area? We were successful during the 2hr before low tide then nothing for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fished thrasher on thursday,,, was at the gate at McD beach at 5 only to find it closed,,, LOCKED??? thought so, but ive hear that they dummy lock it, lost a half hour there,, dropped traps and headed over , good early wind and tough fishing conditions,,,3 smaller let gos,, lost a hog, and a couple of other nips, it sure has slowed down for sure, have a few buds fishing the weekend so ill know if it picks up

Has the commercial crab season started up yet? I think the crabbing around the Vancouver area slows down considerably once the commies start harvesting with their long lines of traps. I was thinking of trying to crossing to Thrashers this weekend if the weather gods are nice. I've never dropped crab traps over there. Is it worth it or is it better to drop the traps on the way out of Vancouver and pick them up at end of day after the fishing?

Mainly rock crab round thrasher although some dungie holes to travel too, more out of your way then any thing. I will be sitting on mine for a couple hours before I cross, spend the night and drop em again on the way home for a couple more hours. Too many dicks stealing around here now. Good luck if ya leave em .... It's a coin toss. No the commies don't start till late June

We picked up a couple this morning at thrasher. 120 on the rigger on anchovy. 16 and 9 lbs.
myzudyza.jpg

Nice going there Cannibal lots other boats out there? Thinking of heading there tomorrow. Any action on this side?

Yes scotty there was a lot of boats at thrasher. We hit both of ours at the high slack first thing. We also had a 3 hits that didn't stick so I retired some leaders with the stinger a little further back.

hey chris how was the ride across the strait today? thinking of going that way tomorrow but theres not enough gravol for the wife if theres a 1 foot chop?

Fishing solo it was a nice ride over and a little bumpy back but I know a few other guys that came back a little later and it flattened right out. Good luck tomorrow bud.

I went out with a buddy early this am at around 6. We fished the Hump with not a sniff for a couple hours and had to make a decision. Instead of heading to Thrasher we decided to head up to Epsom Pt. Bit of a choppy ride but a great day.

We trolled around for a bit with no luck, didn't see anything much on the sounder. We went in to Secret to gas up and grab some livies, back out for a mooch and still nothing.

About an hour later we switched back to trolling and found the fish - first my buddy at 80' in 140' on a No Banannas. He was actually running a dummy and an inline, not sure if that made the difference or not.

Then we circled around and had a double header - again at 80'. I was running a Gold Betsy and spackleback hooch. Great day to explore the coast a little.. Fish in the 12-15lb range.

Attachments

• Epsom May 17 2014.jpg
    Epsom May 17 2014.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 501
Spent the full day yesterday at Thrasher with Angelina Summer. Fished from 6am - 6pm. Decent amount of action, got into maybe 10 salmon and kept 3. Weighed them as 7,9 and 10 lbs. Nothing big for us but heard of one or two in the teens/20's over the radio. It sounded like it was fairly slow for most out there so I think we did well.

Most productive for us was a green/white coho killer deep 140'+. Also irish cream and anchovies were good around 130'.

Cheers.

You're fishing it wrong ;p lol

Who is us? How do you fish it right then?

I wasn't being serious bud! :) anytime anyone catches fish, they are doing it RIGHT! :thumbs up:

I wasn't being serious bud! :) anytime anyone catches fish, they are doing it RIGHT! :thumbs up:

Gotcha. Thought maybe you were going to share some secret lure, depth or speed;)

Here's a pic of what we had for dinner yesterday; BBQ fillet of red spring fresh caught and cooked on the boat. Garlic butter, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Damn it was good.

Cheers

Attachments

• BBQ Salmon.jpg
    BBQ Salmon.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 620
Back