Not a good start to the new year.

Capt_Ed

Crew Member
So I put my boat into my buddies mechanic shop yesterday to do a few minor things while he's closed for a couple days. Lift the engine cover off and was bending over to start to put a new big breaker on my trim pump and notice a Crack in one of my manifolds. It's been 20 below here but had winterized with rv antifreeze. The manifolds and risers are 8 years old so probably time anyway but still I'm pretty pissed off. Any recommendations on where to purchase a new set of manifolds and dry joint risers. Has anyone had this issue before?. It's a 5.0 MPI mercruiser.

So I put my boat into my buddies mechanic shop yesterday to do a few minor things while he's closed for a couple days. Lift the engine cover off and was bending over to start to put a new big breaker on my trim pump and notice a Crack in one of my manifolds. It's been 20 below here but had winterized with rv antifreeze. The manifolds and risers are 8 years old so probably time anyway but still I'm pretty pissed off. Any recommendations on where to purchase a new set of manifolds and dry joint risers. Has anyone had this issue before?. It's a 5.0 MPI mercruiser.
ED This is time to pod it with a couple of outboards or buy a new tuna Boat...... Happy New Year

Dont think youll be only one out there, Bet there will be lots of issues coming for some.
I picked up a complete set of dry joint exhaust at MPS here last summer in Nanaimo.
I sure your local Merc dealer will carry or order a set in.

Believe me it's all I thought about last night. I'll get it all fixed up though as it works good for around TC. I know a guy with a tuna boat that hopefully I can hitch a ride with again. Happy New Year to you too Ray

Bummer this happened
Google, Manifold Warehouse. They’re in Burnaby
Thanks for the heads up, prices look decent on the website . I'll call tomorrow and check availability

Well considering you got 8 years id say it was a GREAT start to your year as you got a good lifespan on them. I used to replace after every 5 no matter what as last thing you want is one fail right in the middle of fishing season (as it always does) manifold warehouse is awesome dealt with them for 20 years, I had 1 riser fail due to a bad casting they sent one over to me free

Well ordered all my new parts from manifold warehouse, great to deal with and I hope it all works out. Should get them next week and good to go by the weekend.

Back