Northwest Aluminum Boats?

J

jj101

Hi, was wondering if some of you guys who own NWA Boats could give me some info on them. Kind of stumbed across them in my search for an alum. boat builder. Only thing I've found on them is on this forum. Seem like a nice boat. I've talked to Doug and he seems like a nice guy as well.

Would like to know how they ride (I'm looking at either a 21' or 22' PH model) i.e. downhill, quartering, and head sea. Construction. Any issues? Pro's and Con's. Can always shoot me a PM if you like or I'd be more than happy to call if that's easier. Big decision to make as I live in CA and it's a long haul. Only other boats I'm interested in is a Cope Design and a Pollard Design but NWA has the perfect size for my planned use. Appreciate any and all info.

Doug is a great guy and him and his crew build a first class boat! everyone i've been on rides pretty good to great. i don't think you would be disapointed if you went nwa

great guy and great boats, most guide boats out of Port Renfrew are North West that says alot... You will be very happy with the product.

Hi, was wondering if some of you guys who own NWA Boats could give me some info on them. Kind of stumbed across them in my search for an alum. boat builder. Only thing I've found on them is on this forum. Seem like a nice boat. I've talked to Doug and he seems like a nice guy as well.

Would like to know how they ride (I'm looking at either a 21' or 22' PH model) i.e. downhill, quartering, and head sea. Construction. Any issues? Pro's and Con's. Can always shoot me a PM if you like or I'd be more than happy to call if that's easier. Big decision to make as I live in CA and it's a long haul. Only other boats I'm interested in is a Cope Design and a Pollard Design but NWA has the perfect size for my planned use. Appreciate any and all info.

I happen to have the first NWA Doug built 12 yrs ago,this is the cabin style ,27ft,i use this boat for guiding on the West Coast of Vancouver Island ,this boat launched Dougs carrier as a builder and has made him very popular today,you won't see Doug at any boay show ,but you will get a feel for his work by meeting him in person,I have nothing but great things to say about his boats his quality and craftmanship is number one, the great thing i like is you get to build the boat that you want ,you add things that work for your needs instead of looking for a dealer boat that has as close to what you want,he's a busy man and it's for a reason

Would be a great thread to have in the BOATS section

Yes most excellent point. However, seeing that there was a thread called Forum Member Boats started back in 09 I thought this would do just fine and after all, it is a saltwater forum and it is a saltwater boat. Kind of like the downrigger thread.

As for the guys who own a NWA, thanks for the input. Going to have to make a trip up and check things out.

JHJ101... You might want to pm chrisp... I don't know how you can post as a guest... maybe a spam o matic feature?

In my opinion, there is no substitute for horsepower. You can be underpowered, but never overpowered. I would say that you should get the max HP recommended by the builder.

On a lighter center console in that length range, a 150 hp four stroke will be ideal IMO. X2 on the pic's :).

I'm not sure how the weight of that boat would compare with my 21' North River but mine is underpowered with a 150hp Yamaha 4 stroke. I've had a couple of boats underpowered so I'd go with the 200hp. Better yet get the 200 and you can trade me for my 150.:D

Doug owns Northwest Aluminum Craft. Different company. He's so busy he doesn't need a website :cool:.
Ohhh.... Two totally different companies. Sorry,

I couldn't figure it out... Was wondering why and what was so special..

Thanks for the help Sculpin :)

if you want to give me a pm. i met a guy last year he had a 21 ft nw boat for sale only 75 hrs on it and the price was right. real happy my 27 ft nw i will never look back. its been a great boat.

Back