Northwest Aluminum Boats

I tried for a couple of years without luck to get a Northwestern. Occasionally they have clients who upgrade. He keeps a book of ppl requesting. I finally settled on a used Silver Streak cuddy with Portuguese windows (forward). IMO. The only way to go. A sliding cabin door will give you a lot more deck space and you have far more control over how wide you want the door open. They will be pricy. Silver streak has some used boats.

North west Aluminum

Yes they are an OK boat but as i found out when i bought one of there 24 cabin cruiser (used) and started doing some modifications to it i must say that the way these guys do the foaming of the boat is so very cheap so if anyone gets one built you must insist on getting spray foam done, and make sure that the couple of bulkheads are seal welded to the hull to keep salt water from entering the cabin side and creating more galvanic corrosion then necessary, there is no access the the fuel lines either from the filler end or the tank end as there is no hatch on the deck for access, the only deck access is for the fuel sensor and fuel lines to the engines, the rear compartment to the batteries and electrical lacks a little designing as it is not very water tight and so having to rebuild that as well, I am completely gutting the interior to have a bit of a galley and some better comfort, oh and its not a good idea to have Stainless Valve on Aluminum trough hull pipe so one must think about that, OK that it for now, Thanks

Jorge

There's no question they are great boats, as are other custom aluminum boats built here on the Island... Its typically a matter a price... Im in the research stage myself..
Ill be heading out there soon to see what options there might be...
I havent had much good luck with fiberglass boats lately, so Im seriously looking at aluminum now..

Yes they are an OK boat but as i found out when i bought one of there 24 cabin cruiser (used) and started doing some modifications to it i must say that the way these guys do the foaming of the boat is so very cheap so if anyone gets one built you must insist on getting spray foam done, and make sure that the couple of bulkheads are seal welded to the hull to keep salt water from entering the cabin side and creating more galvanic corrosion then necessary, there is no access the the fuel lines either from the filler end or the tank end as there is no hatch on the deck for access, the only deck access is for the fuel sensor and fuel lines to the engines, the rear compartment to the batteries and electrical lacks a little designing as it is not very water tight and so having to rebuild that as well, I am completely gutting the interior to have a bit of a galley and some better comfort, oh and its not a good idea to have Stainless Valve on Aluminum trough hull pipe so one must think about that, OK that it for now, Thanks

Jorge

What boat are you referring to?

Back