Nootka Sound 2014 Fishing Reports

If I'm fishing, no time to write or complain. Next best thing is reading the fishing posts. Sounds like fishing is heating up and we will be there Saturday night. Now if I can only sleep the next two.........

Yes that is Thor & he is NOT our guide. This is a Saltwater Fishing Report posting area for Nootka & Esperanza & for us it will remain SO!!!

Winds blew hard today 30-35kl outside with short wave durations. Most stayed inside & did well.
Esperanza is still full of 15-25lb Springs from Mozino Pt to Steamer Pt. The hot spot for larger Springs was behind Catala Is. & Rosa Harbor. More Cohos move in today near Centre Is.
Nootka is doing well on Conuma Springs from Maquinna Rks. to Boston Pt. & at Coopte Pt.

A good rain storm is predicted for Friday night. That should stir up the Salmon & bring them to the inside in GOOD numbers.

Oh thought u may have been there for the end of the month.... one day we'll bump into each other...:)

We there again on long weekend, I sure hope those 15-25's get bigger. There's no fish at Ferrer, stay away ;)
Sent from my C625a using Tapatalk

Fishing has been very good.

Managed to get a couple days off so I'm trying to post some pics.

Started fishing July 2nd in the evening. Caught a couple fish at Camel Rk which surprised me.

Did a 10 day client out of Critter Cove starting July 4th who ran a few groups thru.

We fished Beano 5 days in a row and limited out by noon every day. It was so nice to fish one of my old haunts from 25 years ago when you could fish anywhere you wanted. Right along the rocks and kelp bed gets me all worked up when a fish hammers it and takes off.

The slot limit thing is something no one can tell you why they have it now. 15 years ago when it started it was because some goof in the office said the big females come down south against the shore. They had a run way down south that was endangered and wanted to protect it. That's come and gone but no one has the jam to change it. Anyways that's my rant on that.

We fished the Lighthouse a few times in the evening and did very well also. July 14 I was guiding for Nootka Lodge and the last night before the slot limit it was the best fishing I've seen in a long time. The Reef is heating up and the Hwy is still slow.

Back to Nootka tomorrow for the next 5 weeks. Does anyone need anything picked up?

Does anyone know how to post pics on here from my iPhone using tapatalk?

IMG_3367.jpg
IMG_3370.jpg
IMG_3383.jpg
IMG_3388.jpg

I will be at Cougar Creek from the 22-25 for 3 glorious nights! Pop in. Say hi and have a beer we will be in the travel trailer with Blue Dodge Diesel and the 208 Grady White Adventure. Love the reports and I will be sure to post when I get back!! Let's do this!

SWC

I'll be staging out of Zabellos early next week. Working the outside corner, the reef, Bajo's etc.
Red War Wagon "Storm Dancer" with a mitt-full of freshly minted plugs! ;)
Likely be around a couple of weeks I'd hazard a guess...

Cheers,
Nog

I appreciate all the excellent reports guys! I'm new to this site but I've been on the B.C fishing reports page for several years now and recognize many of the same members.

I'll be at Tuta Marina August 4th to 10th. I'll prob try to hop between inside waters and Bajo. I would be more than happy to meet up and share info with any members who are ariund at that time. Hope to see some of you there!

I'll be at Tuta Marina August 4th to 10th. I'll prob try to hop between inside waters and Bajo. I would be more than happy to meet up and share info with any members who are ariund at that time. Hope to see some of you there!

We will be at Tuta at that time, red dodge 3500/Arctic Fox camper, Hewes 200 searunner named "Ocean Runner"

Yes that is Thor & he is NOT our guide. This is a Saltwater Fishing Report posting area for Nootka & Esperanza & for us it will remain SO!!!

Winds blew hard today 30-35kl outside with short wave durations. Most stayed inside & did well.
Esperanza is still full of 15-25lb Springs from Mozino Pt to Steamer Pt. The hot spot for larger Springs was behind Catala Is. & Rosa Harbor. More Cohos move in today near Centre Is.
Nootka is doing well on Conuma Springs from Maquinna Rks. to Boston Pt. & at Coopte Pt.

A good rain storm is predicted for Friday night. That should stir up the Salmon & bring them to the inside in GOOD numbers.

Hey FOJ, please dont exaggerate on the fishing... Esperanza inlet including Center Island, Rosa Harbour, and inside of Catela Island has been very dead for the last 2.5 weeks and 40 boats we've talked to have reported the same. We haven't heard of a single coho being caught on the inside and only the odd spring. We are all thinking it will pick up any day now on the inside but it sure hasn't yet!!! However the fishing has been great on the surf line and outside. Lot's of 10-25 lb springs out there to get your limits, but only the odd coho out there. BTW lots of people think you should start paying for some advertising on this site as it is not fair to the people that do pay for it, just sayin......

Back