nitnat river

I'm moved to Island a few years ago and have to admit I've never seen so much flossing. I came from the Terrace area and the only people that floss are fly fisherman (mostly for sockeye) and alot do it unintentionally. Bottomline flossing is snagging in the mouth.

First of the doggies will be pushing in withe the next bump in water, but nice and thick for the snaggers/flossers by mid oct:)

Pass the Pack

I went on sunday and caught nothing. I was fly fishing. I saw a guy and he caught 5. He had a bait caster rod . What do you have for bait or lure?[?][^]

flyfishingman

just curious but where is the pull out on the bottom end of the river?

quote: I went on sunday and caught nothing. I was fly fishing. I saw a guy and he caught 5. He had a bait caster rod . What do you have for bait or lure?

Didn't you look to see what they were using? Either way, I've only seen guys using wool but colorado blades under a float might actually get a real strike.

I was up there all weekend with a few guys,theres no fish in there yet just a few jacks and some chum even saw a sockeye theres tons of springs in the lake . The river needs some rain it looked like it was going to poor rain last night but only rained for like 20 mins on and off we had a good weekend got 2 little jacks for the bbq
yota junkie

poppa swiss it sucks you have to row across the lake once you leave the river mouth. And in the afternoons the wind can get bad which makes for a tough row. I'm taking it you mean from red rock down.

poppa swiss it sucks you have to row across the lake once you leave the river mouth. And in the afternoons the wind can get bad which makes for a tough row. I'm taking it you mean from red rock down.

ya I was thinking from red rock or maybe launch up by parker creek and pull out at red rock?

anybody wanna let me know what the drift times are on these or should I be slapping a jet on the fish-rite

ya I was thinking from red rock or maybe launch up by parker creek and pull out at red rock?

anybody wanna let me know what the drift times are on these or should I be slapping a jet on the fish-rite

hooked 10 landed 3 on fly....what a S*#t show...i pulled a barbed hook out of one of the fish i landed...people throwing gear trying to snag fish...i saw 15 healthy chinook killed and gutted on the shore today this is ridiculous.....i don't care if anyone thinks this okay.....my day was ruined by a bunch of disrespectful, redneck, lawignoring jerkoffs...not fishing nitinat till closed for retention permanently

siwash

hooked 10 landed 3 on fly....what a S*#t show...i pulled a barbed hook out of one of the fish i landed...people throwing gear trying to snag fish...i saw 15 healthy chinook killed and gutted on the shore today this is ridiculous.....i don't care if anyone thinks this okay.....my day was ruined by a bunch of disrespectful, redneck, lawignoring jerkoffs...not fishing nitinat till closed for retention permanently

siwash

I quit fishing the rivers after a day just like that on the Nitnat siwash. Salmon fishing in rivers should be shut down (at least for retention.) Starting with that river.

Tips

Parker to bridge about 2hrs, stopping at the reg spots. Parker to Redrock about 3.5 hrs with the same and Parker to lake about 5hrs and a nightmare of a paddle to the pullout. If you doing the lake pullout I suggest a 9.9 on the driftboat or a real good electric. Really not worth drifting until we get some water and the ho's start to show anyways. Then its Parker to Redrock forsure;)

Pass the Pack

Back