NITINAT

T

tenacious

Hi,

I am heading out to Nitinat in mid July. Can anyone tell me how to fish the area? I have a nicely equiped 21 foot alumaweld offshore style boat that is well suited for the area. How is the entrance to the Pacific to navigate?

Looking for springs! Any Hali's offshore from there?

Thanks

If you have never been out there be very carefull.When you arrive at the gap watch the wave action and pick a small one.Stay to the right going out.You can hug the rocks if its not too rough.It's best to go through the gap on a flood tide(flowing into the lake).On a ebb tide with big swells you get a wall and I mean a WALL of water at the sand bar about 100 meteres from the beach.
It is a very dangerous place with the wrong conditions.You will be early for any Nitinat fish but should be spings around.You can go out to Swiftsure 8 miles or head up to Carmanah (right from gap or west if you prefer).Fish cutplug 6oz banana 8 pulls.Watch for fog,it comes in unannouced and fast.Oh and when in the river there are some nice prop removing rocks.PS whenever we go out we all where full floater gear.

Spot on Frango!
Approx. 4 miles off Carmanah you start to hit some shallower depths and structure.Caught nice chickens there and saved the gas as opposed to the run out to the bank.The seas are a lot calmer there as well.

Back