Nitinat&LittleNitinat Rivers

M

Mickey Finn

I was wondering if anyone has fished these rivers before,whether it's worth fishing and what there is to fish,do they open it to fish the salmon when they run through the lake,are there any Steelhead in these river systems.my brother-in-law was inquiring about fishing there so I thought I'd throw out these questions to some fishermen that might have fished that area.Thanks.

The Nitinat rivers systems have a resident cutthroat trout population and a steelhead run, you can fish salmon in the river , watch for the fisheries updates, there are some nice pools and riffles to fly fish and the "red rock" area of the river is generally quite productive of steelhead in the later winter months, water flow is the big factor to fish this river as is common for all West Coast systems during heavy rainfall periods.

AL

Thanks Al for the reply,might have to try the area,especially if there is some spots to toss a fly around.Tight Lines.

right above the red rock area...cross the bridge if you're coming from cowichan turn off and there's a pull out on the right of the main road drive down and park at the end.... follow the trail about 5 mins and walk down to bank easy wading....there's a small beach and you'll be on the shallow side of a deep pool with huge nice tail out that is wadeable in when the water is right....you can fish this section under all conditons.....I had better not say anymore

enjoy

siwash

right above the red rock area...cross the bridge if you're coming from cowichan turn off and there's a pull out on the right of the main road drive down and park at the end.... follow the trail about 5 mins and walk down to bank easy wading....there's a small beach and you'll be on the shallow side of a deep pool with huge nice tail out that is wadeable in when the water is right....you can fish this section under all conditons.....I had better not say anymore

enjoy

siwash

Back