Nice Steelhead

HAHAHAHAHAHA Dave I almost pis sed my pants!!

That is an ugly little ******* there for sure.

Holmes - could you call that guy something a little less offensive than retard? ;);):D

Gimee the gaff!!!

there are a few spots that unethical steelheaders tend to hang out on the Vedder, canal obviously is a hang out as well as the pictured spot. So the long lining, flossing is all the same, stacked fish + hook across the front of them ends up in foul hooked fish(not bitten but in the area of the mouth), i have one issue only with this picture in this thread, is it gets the lurkers out and believe me, they know this spot well

I'm thinking that is a handsome colorful steelhead for sure....[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

I'm thinking that is a handsome colorful steelhead for sure....[^] But the young angler looks like he has biteer beer face.....[:p]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

I'm thinking that is a handsome colorful steelhead for sure....[^] But the young angler looks like he has biter beer face.....[:p]

hey BL ready for a quick trip for some summer steel ????

good call Cammer flossed right in the beek......[^]

You'll never know if it was flossed or a fair take as both end up with the fly right in the mouth. Hence "flossing"

Swinging a fly as pure as it seems usually ends up with a fly placed right in the beak of a holding fish. On the other hand we have all seen fish shoot across a pool to a well presented fly only to smash the @#$%^ out of it ( fair take )

So......... who knows , but it would be foolish to suggest one or the other as a fact unless it was a guy who was specificaly casting to that holding fish over and over all day long until he took it right in the yap ( flossed )

HL

PS.... who cares. It seems like a nicely mended buck. The hook up was in the beak so the fight was more than likely a controlled one with the fish coming quickly to hand for release.

The eye thing ( and seeming stressed )........ well wouldn't you be too after being plucked form your lay?

Thats fishing.

Hootey, there are some ESL classes you may need to goo to, may help in your clear mis understanding of simple english sentences. The area is a HOT SPOT for snaggers, any angler who knows the vedder can name that spot with-in a second of seeing the tree across from that kid, i stated that he shouldnt post any pics with that site in background as the snaggers will be there enmass. Will be the same discussion when the first guy posts a pic of a dead Vedder Red with the spot in the background, happens every year and people wonder why spots get sooo popular soo quick now adays????

i thought the hole point of this site was for people to share pictures, stories and a little laughs between anglers who share a common love for the sport. why is it that almost every time i read a post 3 replies into it someone is insulting someone else. i dont get it, how can you disrespect people you dont havent even met

IMG]

your wisdom outshines your youth young steelheader!!!!

youngen, you have not lived long enough to see the pre-internet fishing, then the rise of the internet, then the complete disaster on local and island rivers from the rise of flossing. Through these years stocks have continously being in states of near collapse and seen closure after closure to try to rebuild threatened runs. So if you see protectionist thoughts in the RIVER/FRESHWATER forums, you wouldnt understand why people try to keep holes/spots secret due to the lurking internet types that see trends and react to them. There are certain origin of fisherman out there from a certain region of the world who have made flossing rivers a deadly technique and if you do a little research on you tube on the stamp, it may begin to sink in. Also, the best fisherman in this world dont BRAG and keep there zippers shut and only tell best of friends in private, not over the internet. Ocean fishing is wayyyy different so reports can only help to a certain point, fish are not holed up and visible in 4 feet of river water

Cammer, i couldnt agree with you more. In my 38years of river and ocean fishing i have seen what the rise of the internet reports has donr in the last 5 years. With the ocean it is a competely diferent story. The wild systems are without a doubt the ones that will suffer the worst. It was very evident that holmes did not understand that this steelhead season. Oddly enough the locals in his hometown where not very impressed by his internet bragging when informed. To each his own however.

The situation that has been playing out on the vedder is sickening to say the least. As soon as pics are shown this group of so called anglers shows up the following day or so with there bouncing bettys and long leaders. The numbers that they inflict to the wild and hatchery steelhead is disturbing. Most are body shot usually in the gut.

The great hode

alas. internet bragging shows itself in Holmes post, POINT PROVEN on that subject. Some people will never get it because they're too new to fishing to understand pressure increase, and on the Gold, 10 anglers who may have gone somewhere else read Holmes's posts and now may create pressure there where regulars who may have only seen 2- 5 anglers in any one day now see 15. Time to re-examine freshwater posts

so having just passed my ESL....what your trying to say Cammer is...as long as everyone fishes the same holes day after day but if someone finds or goes to a new hole your automatically a FLOSSER or SNAGGER....so with all the internet information maybe,just maybe that new fisher may have researched that new spot that just happens to be a HOT SPOT...and that new fisher shouldn`t fish that new HOT SPOT because it will create a new pressure....then why do new fishers fish....CAMMER me thinks you should take your own advise and hang up your long lines and let the fishers that fish for the sport of fishing who aren`t trolling these forums just to create turmoil....obviously if you are the fisher you claim to be you wouldn`t have the time to insult people on here with your rants of holier than thou BULL CR-P.[^]

Back