Nice rod holders

bigdogeh

I have some of these but in the model that clamps on my Scotty downriggers. They are pretty good and....they don't break.

Interesting... I bet these would bolt onto a scotty downrigger as well. I think they use 1" booms if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if the abs would get a good enough grip on the boom without slipping. (might have to modify with a bolt going through the boom and rod holder where it mounts)
I'm only going to use mine to store the rods along the side of the pilothouse rather than use them for fishing... Should be fine for that. The type you have may be better suited for fishing since they probably have a bit better (more solid) clamping system.

After I had a Scotty rod holder break (UV weakened I suspect) and a rod fly over and out the stern of the boat I felt a change was in order. I have used the stainless ones for the past 2 years and like them. Do have to check the "tightness" of the single allan head bolt holding it on once or twice a year so it doesn't roll towards stern when under a load from a rod.

Back