Nice Fish Tonight

SerengetiGuide

Watched Nice Fish tonight, anyone else think Gary seemed rattled when hali fishing...is the "I only keep halibut if they are over 200lbs" joke that was going around up island about how he kept that 195 at qualicum rivers? I just want the inside scoop on that one since I live up here and don't know what he was talking about haha...

Love the show since 3/4 of it is salmon fishing...don't really know if operations on it get much clientelle from it considering it's mostly showed in BC...

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

I have that show on recorded on our PVR like 30 episodes! Gary is crazy, But who doesent love seeing them catching fish in our own backyard!

Met Gary more than once. Good guy and he's genuinely concerned about conservation issues and is one of the few who stepped-up to help finance the WSA's election Ad campaign last year. He also did a special episode on the issues around the net-pen salmon farming business which included, among lots of other good footage, an interview with U. Vic's Dr. John Volpe and myself.

He's worked hard to build himself quiet a business and his show gets considerable exposure south of the border on WFN.

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

i watch it pretty regularly, poor big jay when he got filmed dropping a rod, he was rattled for days about that.

quote:Originally posted by meatwagon

i watch it pretty regularly, poor big jay when he got filmed dropping a rod, he was rattled for days about that.

Haha i couldnt stop laughing but that would have sucked. "Oh god i feel sick"

quote:Originally posted by meatwagon

That was hilarious!!!! It just like fell out of his hands...couldn't believe it myself....although had a client do that TWICE before...luckily BOTH times the islander reel caught the veryyyy edge of the engine well while the fish was peeling line....he jumped out and caught er.

And I also think Gary looks like a heck of a fun guy to fish with.

gary is an awesome guy! i worked as a dockboy and fishing guide at the sunds lodge (lodge airing on nice fish last night) last year and had nothing bad to say about him. They actually filmed two shows and the second one is all about salmon fishing he sure seems to love his bait busters because thats primarily what he fished with during his stay at the lodge.

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Ya,good guy.Had some drinks with him at the dog derby a few years back.

He came up with a great idea with that "The Lodge" show...Very creative!

th_P4150080.jpg

Creative for sure but i don't think it helps QCL AT ALL with getting clintelle.

Gary's Nice Fish shows were good when Gary brings his grandson to do some fishing at remote locations. That's really nice to develop a fishing family tradition. I really like the unique kind of boat from sunds Lodge....nice boat.

Cheers

the sunds lodge boats are some of the best boats i have ever fished out of sturdy as a rock, but they dont make anything smaller then a 25, i guided out of a19ft model and loved it it was a perfect size and very fishy boat but unfortunately they stopped building those models. The bonus of being aluminum is you can beach them and not damage the hull which is nice if you wanna check out an island or do a beach lunch

You mean this one?
That caught my eye when I watched that show. Looks fishy to me.

1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by fishspoon

Gary's Nice Fish shows were good when Gary brings his grandson to do some fishing at remote locations. That's really nice to develop a fishing family tradition. I really like the unique kind of boat from sunds Lodge....nice boat.

Cheers
Gary's starting a new show called nice fish jr with his grandson being the host.

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

I have that show on recorded on our PVR like 30 episodes!

Ha ha, me too, had to stop recording it ... miss a few weeks with it recording every night and there's a lot of fishing to wade through. [sure wish they had some way to identify location and type of fishing in the listing...that would help]

Good show for sure. My wife calls it fishing ****. She's usually not watching, but listening while it's on in the background ... and from where she is, the sound track is kind of disturbing, bunch of guys gasping for breath, grunting, and yelling "OH YEAH" ... check it out and see what I mean. Like I said, disturbing. ;)

quote:Originally posted by juandesooka

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

I have that show on recorded on our PVR like 30 episodes!

Ha ha, me too, had to stop recording it ... miss a few weeks with it recording every night and there's a lot of fishing to wade through. [sure wish they had some way to identify location and type of fishing in the listing...that would help]

Good show for sure. My wife calls it fishing ****. She's usually not watching, but listening while it's on in the background ... and from where she is, the sound track is kind of disturbing, bunch of guys gasping for breath, grunting, and yelling "OH YEAH" ... check it out and see what I mean. Like I said, disturbing. ;)

I had to turn on an old halibut fishing episode from last year, turn the volume up and leave the room for a few mins. I do have to agree very disturbing. Though I battled a barn door before and am sure I must have sounded worse!

-Steve

GLG how did you get that photo? if u look down near the dock theres another boat ont he property and its even a bigger piece then the one you have in the photo...

quote:Originally posted by JuBy

GLG how did you get that photo? if u look down near the dock theres another boat ont he property and its even a bigger piece then the one you have in the photo...

It's magic I tell you.;)
11.jpg

I went to the website and posted a image link.
GLG

its obviously an old pic because the large blue aluminum boat tied to the dock is no longer in action even last year it was in the boat shed all year

Back