New Vancouver Salt Thread: GAME ON!

No Hits, No runs no Errors? Fished all around Bowen Sunday, the only thing good was my new Yamaha 150 ( Luv It). Saw a few others all with the same response ......... thumbs down! Lost 2 cannon balls 1 to a frayed cable and # 2 to a bad crimp job. Off too Nikka after work to use up my Xmas GC's to buy goodies and a couple new BALLS? (MY Wife is never going to under-stand!!!!!). Next weekend off to Thrasher and see if there is any left after the derby!

whats goin on locally?? It seems to be heating up everywhere!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

QA is on for Springs. Heard from a local charter guy I know who picked up a 24 lber yesterday and an 18 lber the day before. Anchovy at 95 feet.

Several 30+ bagged in Howe Sound over the last week with one 40 lber reported. Squamish run fish are here.

Wow! I would be out tomorrow if I didn't have to put a new carb in my Yammy. Good timing! arararaagh!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Had one on, right up to the downrigger cable, then gone.
High teens I think.
Blue/silver 4" coyote @67 feet, 2/3 of way from bellbouy to pt A lighthouse.

Try again on the weekend I guess.

Fishin' anywhere anytime for anything

Trolled out infront of hole in the wall yesterday afternoon till after high slack.. no luck.. where are those squamish springs ? Is there any salmon close to porteau ?

quote:Originally posted by Mortician

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

QA is on for Springs. Heard from a local charter guy I know who picked up a 24 lber yesterday and an 18 lber the day before. Anchovy at 95 feet.

Then get out there on the "Fishful Thinking", and get them!!!!!![}:)]
Several 30+ bagged in Howe Sound over the last week with one 40 lber reported. Squamish run fish are here.

Got on the water at 8:30. Did BB, QA, then ran to Horshoe Bay for lunch. Hit Hole in the wall in the afternoon. Saw a 30# or so landed. Then had my own chance and broke off while netting. Ended up getting a smaller one a little later. Red, about 15#s or so.

Bign's were on hootchie, small one on Anchovie. Both of mine were less than 40'.

Good luck out there.

quote:Originally posted by J-GLOBAL

Got on the water at 8:30. Did BB, QA, then ran to Horshoe Bay for lunch. Hit Hole in the wall in the afternoon. Saw a 30# or so landed. Then had my own chance and broke off while netting. Ended up getting a smaller one a little later. Red, about 15#s or so.

Bign's were on hootchie, small one on Anchovie. Both of mine were less than 40'.

Good luck out there.

Hi, J-Global.

If you don't mind me asking which hoochies were producing for you.

quote:Originally posted by J-GLOBAL

Good luck out there.

Good work. I got skunkered this afternoon. Fished from 130-700 pm.

Bleep.

I knew I shoulda gone to HITW. [}:)]