New to me Boat!

Any bugs, dust, pollen or whatever getting in the wet paint without a true paint booth?

Yes to all of the above. It has been very minor though and once paint has dried and there removed you can’t see where they were unless you get right up close to the paint.

Yes to all of the above. It has been very minor though and once paint has dried and there removed you can’t see where they were unless you get right up close to the paint.

you could prolly wet sand it out if it really bugs you. not sure what kinda paint you used

@RiverBoy i am using interlux brightside it’s not recommended for wetsanding. That said the blemishes are only noticeable if your within 6-12” away. So I’m not worried about them.

I thought I would share a few pics of what I’m up against on the outside of the hull... after a few hours of sanding tonight I thought I would take a break and do something fun like mount the radar.

03E821B9-7524-401B-8228-AE50E3A42419.jpeg

F8E355BF-61D4-4CF3-BE1C-334B6286FA37.jpeg C56F8282-0DFA-4BD7-AA05-F06BA7F36E9E.jpeg

This felt good to get done! I got the door painted and hung, Painted the inside of the gunnels and mounted some aluminum angle to protect the shelf’s. This didn’t happen in one day as this paint requires minimum 3 coats to cover...

Back to sanding the outside of the hill for me.

View attachment 40606
What are you using for paint?

Make sure you keep grease in those hinges on the al. box or they will cease. every once and awhile (once a yewr)take the door off and clean the hinge pins and re grease.

Make sure you keep grease in those hinges on the al. box or they will cease. every once and awhile (once a yewr)take the door off and clean the hinge pins and re grease.

The hinges have grease zerks built right into them so it shouldn’t be a problem to keep full of grease and keep the salt out.

So I took Friday off work to get a jump on painting the boat since the weather was so nice! Paint was applied then left to dry over night( requires 16 hours at 10C) then sanded with 320 grit the next morning. This is after 3 coats of paint (interlux brightside). I used the roll and tip method but to be honest I didn’t even need to tip when the paint was mixed properly with the brushing liquid (333 brushing liquid).

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, but I will probably try and put another coat on the sides if the weather holds out through next weekend.

31CA3301-2947-46FD-A2F8-5EF8E0B2DEE4.jpeg 4756A057-6296-45D2-A75A-D37D727F9778.jpeg

Back